PIREP - Garmin GTX-327

Old January 20th 04, 05:23 PM
Jay Honeck

Dang, Lee -- you could have posted a PIREP, and saved me a bunch of
shopping
around!

IIRC, he did that at the time.

Hmm. Well, maybe that's where I got the original idea to buy that model?

Don't recall.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 21st 04, 12:09 AM
Rosspilot

Dang, Lee -- you could have posted a PIREP, and saved me a bunch of
shopping
around!

IIRC, he did that at the time.

Hmm. Well, maybe that's where I got the original idea to buy that model?

Indeed. The subliminal penetration of my posts to RAP Usenet. lol . . .
but I did find this:

From: RossPilot )
Subject: New Transponder
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.owning
Date: 2001-03-08 14:50:08 PST

Just completed first flight with my new Garmin GTX 327 Transponder . . . what a
pleasure. Intuitive, attractive and functional . . . makes setting a squawk
code
so much easier --and gives a digital readout of what altitude you are actually
sending ATC . . . very slick . . . geeze, I haven't felt like this since
installing the Whelen Comet strobes last July

www.rosspilot.com

Old January 21st 04, 02:33 AM
Scott Skylane

Hi,

I just bought a used -327, and it came only with the pin-out diagram.
Anyone have access to the complete install manual (it's about 45 pages)?
I'm willing to pay for a copy/shipping, whatever. Thanks!

Happy Flying
Scott Skylane
N92054

Old January 21st 04, 03:06 AM

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 05:03:02 +0000, Dave Stadt wrote:

"karl" wrote in message
************In fact, the only thing I didn't like was that they installed

new Garmin
transponder antenna, without asking, because it was "recommended by

Garmin."
It was "only" an extra $150 -- cheap, in aviation -- but it still bugs me
that they threw away a perfectly functional antenna because it wasn't the
"spade" kind that Garmin recommends.****************

Jay, They did you a BIG favor. You should tip them for being pro-active on
the maintenance on your airplane. Everything on an airplane wears out, and

transponder antenna is right up there on the list.

Please explain how an antenna wears out.

They crack, get dirt in internal connection, etc. Check out the
www.avionicswest.com for some other examples.

jerry

Old January 21st 04, 04:24 AM
Jay Honeck

Shoot, Scott -- I saw it in the box -- but the shop seems to have kept it!

If I can track it down, I'll let you know.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 21st 04, 04:12 PM
Kyler Laird

Scott Skylane writes:

I just bought a used -327, and it came only with the pin-out diagram.
Anyone have access to the complete install manual (it's about 45 pages)?

You'd think the manufacturer would make it easy to get, wouldn't you?
https://aviationtoolbox.org/members/...27_install.pdf

I'm willing to pay for a copy/shipping, whatever. Thanks!

I'll hit you for a donation someday.

--kyler
Old January 22nd 04, 04:56 AM
Scott Skylane

Kyler Laird wrote:

You'd think the manufacturer would make it easy to get, wouldn't you?
https://aviationtoolbox.org/members/...27_install.pdf

I'm willing to pay for a copy/shipping, whatever. Thanks!

I'll hit you for a donation someday.

--kyler

Kyler,

Thanks for the scan! That gives me a lot more info than what I had.

Unfortunately, due to software updates, they are now up to revision "H"
on the manual, with about twice as many pages as your revision "D".
I've no idea if the added pages are worth seeing, but if anyone has
access to them, I am interested! Thanks again, and...

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
N92054