Pee bag gel

Old May 3rd 19, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Pee bag gel

On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 11:35:07 AM UTC-4, WB wrote:
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 10:33:31 AM UTC-5, WB wrote:
On Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 8:55:14 PM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 12:02:35 AM UTC-4, soaringjac wrote:
We have cats and just got a new type of litter for them called SoPhresh Gel Lock. This stuff would be great in a zip lock pee bag! Super absorbent and turns into a gel immediately. I have not tried it in flight yet, but once i saw how this stuff worked i knew it would be great to put in some pee bags. They have it at Petco and probably amazon as well

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...lti-cat-litter

What do you think?

Back in the day toilet paper was used as an experiment to determine rotation of thermals. Probably only a few in this forum can recount this happening, but it resulted in the naming of a great glider club in Miami. I know that Burt knows the details and Scotty would also, so if you think the pee bags were exciting what would you do if you were flying along and were being passed by a 50 foot stream of toilet paper. Harry Senn, was one of the chief meteorologist at the National Hurricane Center in Miami and conducted research on thermal strength and size along with rotation by dispensing toilet paper from the cockpit of his 1-26. Check all this out, History -Miami Gliders. Those were the days, kind of like being part of the old guard. Bob

Good 'ol Thermal Research! I was lucky enough to get to sit around listening to Harry tell Thermal Research stories. One story was about taking off in a Sport Canopy equipped 1-26 with inflated balloons packed in all around him. Harry tossed them out in a thermal to see if balloons would work better than t-paper for mapping the thermal. He also told about flying a 1-26 into fair weather water spouts. He said folks were researching them with instrumented aircraft. I think he mentioned that one group doing this used a Cessna 310. Anyway, these folks were afraid of the water spouts and would not get closer than a hundred yards or so. Harry had observed them from fairly close and had estimated the updraft strength from observing debris, like bits of weeds, etc., going up in the spout. He figured that flying into a one of these fair weather spouts would be no different than a dust devil. So he just flew his 1-26 right through them. He said it was just like sticking a wing into a dust devil. Lifted the wing a bit, that was all.

Yes, Thermal Research, what a hoot we had, I was a young glider pilot flying with some of the best. We flew everyday, had a cooler full of cold beer and enjoyed some of the best glider flying one could imagine. I have some great stories about the cast of characters, Fritz, Harry, Benny, Alfonso, and a whole lot more. We never bombed the trailer park, but we did leave a few deposits in the Everglades. Back in those days we just stuck Henry in a big mouth bottle and filled it to the rim, tossing it out over the Everglades.. What a great time we had. Bob
Old May 5th 19, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick[_5_]

Just buy nappies/daipers, chop then up and put in a pee bag.
Old May 6th 19, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

done that been there. best solution is hole in fuselage hose fitting glassed, small .5 inch od polyethylene tubing about 2-3 feet long with kids snot sucker taped on the end. I used a 1/2" id copper tubing to come up to and flush with the seat pan just to the right and even with the control stick. Push the polyethylene tubing out and into the wind stream. It pertudes about 1.5-2 feet away from the fuselage and provides way more suction than most males will experience in thier liftime I then rinse mine with drinking water after every use. no muss no fuss. second plane Ive done this on and will never go back
Old May 6th 19, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 5:27:21 PM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

I also like using the sliding-tube-through-the-fuselage method.Â* No bags, no gel, no chance of "impacting" anyone or the environment with unnecessary waste.Â* A long slider tube or a shorter one used in conjunction with a little slip during discharge gets the urine away cleanly.Â* Can be used with a condom catheter or with a funnel.Â* A collapsible silicone funnel works great and stores well in the cramped cockpit.Â* Pour water through the funnel to rinse the whole "system", as cliff said.Â* Use a hydration tube brush occasionally to scrub the inside surfaces for extra cleaning points.Â* It's best to dedicate a brush for just that purposeÂ* Every component has been discussed multiple times probably.Â* Integrated, they make for a cheap, reliable, pee-and-forget solution.Â*Â*
Old May 6th 19, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

....and if you forget to retract the tube it makes a great "curb feeler"
at landing.Â* Get a buzz... =-O

--
Dan, 5J
Old May 7th 19, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Curb feeler, LOL. Your age is showing.
Old May 7th 19, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 5:45:17 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Curb feeler, LOL. Your age is showing.

LOL? In this thread I thought it was PML.
On the bicycle ride this morning saw an otherwise pristine '80s Ford Crown Victoria with curb feelers. It's hard to pedal uphill when laughing, and there's no pee tube on the bike.
Difficult to beat the Dodge mini-van with spinner hubcaps seen in Las Vegas.
Those wonderful accoutrements will use up a quart bag of cat litter in a flash.
Jim
Old May 7th 19, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Good stuff.
I haven't seen curb feelers in a long time. I see plenty of kids driving cars that could have benefited from their use.