FS2004 IFR practice

Old October 31st 05, 07:35 PM
PuttPutt

Default FS2004 IFR practice

Are there parts of the worldwhere ifr conditions are prevalent?
I need some practice...
My first try was a flight in Austria.
I have tried landings at Innsbruck but the Controller tries to get my
Cessna 172 to 13000ft then asks me 6miles from the airport whether it
is in sight.
Is it my inexperience showing here or would I be better off with a dive
bomber :0)

I have tried setting the weather conditions to foggy but weather tends
to be normal at the destination.

Any help for this novice appreciated
Rog

Old October 31st 05, 11:18 PM
PuttPutt

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On 31 Oct 2005 10:35:18 -0800, "PuttPutt" wrote:

Are there parts of the worldwhere ifr conditions are prevalent?
I need some practice...
My first try was a flight in Austria.
I have tried landings at Innsbruck but the Controller tries to get my
Cessna 172 to 13000ft then asks me 6miles from the airport whether it
is in sight.
Is it my inexperience showing here or would I be better off with a dive
bomber :0)

I have tried setting the weather conditions to foggy but weather tends
to be normal at the destination.

Weird... I flew a few ILS approaches last Friday with ceilings just
above MDA... Did you set the ceiling height, visibility etc??

I set the Weather Theme to Fogged In, that must just apply to the
airport I was sitting in.
Taking note of the options I can now see what you are refering to.
Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
Rog

Old November 1st 05, 08:44 AM
Adam

"PuttPutt" wrote in news:1130797117.227569.248910
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I set the Weather Theme to Fogged In, that must just apply to the
airport I was sitting in.
Taking note of the options I can now see what you are refering to.
Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
Rog

When you set the weather for shooting approaches, its also very important
to slide the rate of change to none otherwise your nice low minimum
ceilings may break up and dissapear
Old November 29th 05, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

another thing you could do is fly on a network like VATSIM. This would
allow you to practice IFR like the real thing with human controllers
and not bots.

9800 Pro & FS2004 Skyhawk Simulators 4 September 30th 04 09:37 PM
Disappointed with FS2004 Phiber Optik Simulators 5 October 12th 03 04:13 PM
Bridges in FS2004 Kevin Reilly Simulators 18 October 2nd 03 11:00 PM
FS2004 approaches, ATC etc henri Arsenault Simulators 14 September 27th 03 12:48 PM
Help needed - fs2004 zaps fs2002 props Ian D Simulators 1 September 11th 03 10:20 PM