Auction at teh Kalamazoo Air Zoo this Saturday 11/12/05

Old November 10th 05, 10:37 PM
.Blueskies.

Default Auction at teh Kalamazoo Air Zoo this Saturday 11/12/05

http://www.kruse.com/realty_special/...on_detail.html

Old November 11th 05, 12:54 AM
Montblack

(".Blueskies." wrote)
http://www.kruse.com/realty_special/...on_detail.html

If you go, give us PIREP.

http://www.kruse.com/realty_special/...on_detail.html
(Auction - mostly aviation items)

Magnavox VCR
Allison J-33 Jet Engine Total time unknown

Decisions, decisions.

Date of Auction:
Saturday, November 12, 2005 at 11:00 AM

Auction Preview:
Friday, November 11, 2005 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Location of Auction:
The world famous Air Zoo in Kalamazoo, Michigan

Buyer Premium:
A buyer premium of (10%) of the final bid price will be added to the final
bid.

Admission:
$10 per person - includes a 50% off coupon to the Air Zoo.

Removal:
All items must be removed by Sunday, November 13th at 3:00 PM. Airplane
removal may be negotiated with the Air Zoo.

Payment Procedures:
All purchases must be paid for in full on auction day.

Montblack

Old November 11th 05, 02:11 AM
.Blueskies.

"Montblack" wrote in message ...
(".Blueskies." wrote)
http://www.kruse.com/realty_special/...on_detail.html

If you go, give us PIREP.

http://www.kruse.com/realty_special/...on_detail.html
(Auction - mostly aviation items)

Planning on going, not much to spend, but will post a brief PIREP following...

Old November 13th 05, 10:38 PM
.Blueskies.

Default Auction at teh Kalamazoo Air Zoo this Saturday 11/12/05 - PIREP

Auction started at 11:00 and ran through about 6:00. The crowd was not a big as I expected and things went for what
seemed to me to be very little money...

Highest bid of the day was on lot 65, a set of four Aeroproducts propeller blades for a F8F Bearcat - $89,000.00 "in the
box"
A ready to go overhauled to zero time P-40 Curtiss-Electric propeller blades, hub and motor, went for ~only~ $36,000.00
Four bent damaged in belly landing Bearcat prop blades sold for $350.00

An R2800, running when removed from a Hellcat, sold for $2,000.00. Bunches of exhaust pieces, baffles, and accessories
could be had also. I figured that someone could have had a full up running R-2800 for about $3,500.00 - just try feeding
that baby now-a-days!

A pretty nice SouthBend lathe went for $1,200.00
A propeller overhaul and test bench with all the goodies went for $3,500.00

The airworthy Speed Canard SC01 B-160, 600 TT, (N925TA) sold for $52,500.00

The Bondurant build Superformance AC Cobra replica sold for $29,500.00

The Morane-Saulnier MS-733, 75% restored, N5442, sold for $14,500.00. There was a snag on this deal, however. There was
a box of engine parts sitting near the plane that was supposed to be included with the plane, was accidentally listed as
a separate item that sold for $5.00; folks were still trying to figure this one out this morning.

The F8F-2 Panther with all of its crash damage sold for $10,000.00 The same buyer picked up all the boxes of parts and
engines and other goodies he could.

The little formula racer Siersma SRC-B-7 (N8985Z) sold for I think $5,500.00

A full hot air balloon (N1992Z) sold for $2,600.00

The Citroen Bus went for $3,400.00
A 1939 Ford Four Door Deluxe sold for $4,600.00
The American LaFrance fire truck sold for $3,800.00 - this had a V-12 Lycoming in it with a spare on the ground.
A (nice) Chevy 1,000 gallon fuel truck sold for $4,500.00
All of these wheeled vehicles were in running condition and drove away from the auction.

The ejection seat indoctrination trainer sold for $800.00

Multiple lowest bids, benches, old desks, etc for $1.00

I sure wish I had more money to spend, there were many, many good deals where a table full of parts sold for a hundred
bucks or so. If someone had a couple of thousand bucks to float and was willing to play EBay, they could have (and will,
I'm sure) made out like a bandit...

Dan

".Blueskies." wrote in message m...

(".Blueskies." wrote)

Old November 13th 05, 11:16 PM
Montblack

(".Blueskies." wrote)
Auction started at 11:00 and ran through about 6:00. The crowd was not a
big as I expected and things went for what seemed to me to be very little
money...

Thanks for the write up.

Do you recall what the Ercoupe went for? How much of it was there?

Montblack

Old November 14th 05, 01:17 AM
.Blueskies.

"Montblack" wrote in message ...
(".Blueskies." wrote)
Auction started at 11:00 and ran through about 6:00. The crowd was not a big as I expected and things went for what
seemed to me to be very little money...

Thanks for the write up.

Do you recall what the Ercoupe went for? How much of it was there?

Montblack

It was basically a gutted out fuselage with tail feathers, but had a good tailcone, instrument panel, wing attach
brackets, and gear legs - sold for $600.00!