A Jet Blue Aircraft Landing with Sideway Landing-Gear

Old July 16th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lufthansi

Default A Jet Blue Aircraft Landing with Sideway Landing-Gear

This is great footage from the landing of a Jet-Airplane by JET BLUE
with Landing-Gear Problems. The Landing-Gear is positioned sideways. It
is amazing to me what this tires and axles can withstand without
falling apart and the pilot is doing a great job too :
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/aircraft3.html

Old July 17th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Martin

Lufthansi wrote:
This is great footage from the landing of a Jet-Airplane by JET BLUE
with Landing-Gear Problems. The Landing-Gear is positioned sideways. It
is amazing to me what this tires and axles can withstand without
falling apart and the pilot is doing a great job too :
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/aircraft3.html

Good, calm action by the flight crew made it almost a non-event.
Unfortunately, video coverage and the fact that it was in LA meant that
all the talking heads on the networks spent hours gleefully forecasting
fireballs and massive explosions and other forms of doom. Doesn't do
anything to promote aviation safety or public good will towards aviation
in general when you do that.
Old July 17th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Everyone do yourself a favor, and kill file this bozo. He comes around
about once a week with a new sensational video, linking through his page, so
he will get advertisement revenue. He uses various screen names, and spams
all of the aviation groups.

If you guys really want to view educational aviation videos, often
accompanied by expert commentary, see our aviation video page.

Here's our link to the same Jet Blue video:
http://alexisparkinn.com/photogaller...22_JetBlue.wmv

In addition, here's a link to some expert commentary on this incident:
http://alexisparkinn.com/airbus_nosegear.htm

And here's a link to some photos from this incident:
http://alexisparkinn.com/nose_gear_incident.htm

Unlike "train wreck" video sites, I strive to make sure that each
aviation video is presented so that we, as pilots, might actually LEARN
something from watching them. See several HUNDRED aviation videos --
all contributed by fellow pilots and aviation enthusiasts -- at our
site, http://alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 17th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote

If you guys really want to view educational aviation videos, often
accompanied by expert commentary, see our aviation video page.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, kill file this bozo, too he is the scourge af all there is,
aviation......

Oh, wait a minute, it's you, Jay !!! VBG
Ignore that last comment!The doctors say it is the pregnazone talking g
_______________________________

Unlike "train wreck" video sites, I strive to make sure that each
aviation video is presented so that we, as pilots, might actually LEARN
something from watching them. See several HUNDRED aviation videos --
all contributed by fellow pilots and aviation enthusiasts -- at our
site, http://alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm

_______________________________

Yep, even though a few people have objected in the past, most will agree
that his videos are presented with plenty of warning, when graphic.
Unfortunately, sometimes we have to see terrible things, so we can learn,
and learn to avoid.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 17th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

" Yeah, kill file this bozo, too he is the scourge af all there is,
aviation......

Oh, wait a minute, it's you, Jay !!! VBG
Ignore that last comment!The doctors say it is the pregnazone talking

Well, actually "jumpingpixels" ISN'T me, so feel free to kill file him,
if you wish. My only point is that there ARE valid, non-commercial
aviation video websites out there. Well, at least one, anyway...

Yeah, I know. I was just having a laugh with/at your expense, but I hope I
didn't confuse anyone.

My only regret at reading/surfing your pages, is that I know I can never get
through it all, although I think I have come close.

Ennui preps for OSH. I'll not get there, due to my back. I will not be
having surgery this summer, as too much of it has gone by without getting
the recovery started before school starts again. As is, I still don't (and
the doctors, also) what is going to happen and when, but there is no way I
could stand the travel to get there, or even sitting on top of PMC II. How
I will deal with a full school workday is beyond my comprehension.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 17th 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Ennui preps for OSH. I'll not get there, due to my back. I will not be
having surgery this summer, as too much of it has gone by without getting
the recovery started before school starts again. As is, I still don't (and
the doctors, also) what is going to happen and when, but there is no way I
could stand the travel to get there, or even sitting on top of PMC II. How
I will deal with a full school workday is beyond my comprehension.

I'm sorry to hear it, Jim. You seem to be caught between a rock and a
hard place, if it's too late in the year for an operation that might
make working in the fall possible? That's a pretty bad spot to be in.

And if you can't sit on PMC II, or even drive, how in the world can you
expect to teach?

You might check out this month's Flying magazine, and read Dick Karl's
column. (Karl is the guy that owns a Cheyenne.) He discusses his own
medical problems with a bad back, which sound nearly as nasty as yours.
He's apparently received some relief with pain therapy and some bed
rest.

We'll drink a toast to "The Jims" this year -- Weir, Morgan, and Fisher
-- all AWOL, but not forgotten...

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 17th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote

And if you can't sit on PMC II, or even drive, how in the world can you
expect to teach?

Grit and determination, and knowing the end of each day is near. The rock
and a hard place is right. I can't afford to not work, and lose my medical,
that is the one biggest fact, plus earning a living.

You might check out this month's Flying magazine, and read Dick Karl's
column. (Karl is the guy that owns a Cheyenne.) He discusses his own
medical problems with a bad back, which sound nearly as nasty as yours.
He's apparently received some relief with pain therapy and some bed

I'l look at that. I am already going with pain therapy, but have gone
through all of the injections, and even done a long course of accupuncture.
I am getting mostly bed rest this summer, but it is not enough. If I were
to go through an operation now, I would not have sick leave enough, ond lose
pay and possibly lose my medical and job. Rock, meet hard place.

We'll drink a toast to "The Jims" this year -- Weir, Morgan, and Fisher
-- all AWOL, but not forgotten...

Thanks. That really means something., :-))
--
Jim in NC

Old July 18th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Morgans wrote:
[...]

Jim, You know what all those sick days you probably have laying around
are for? It's for stuff like this!

Margy