Where can you get empty caulking gun tubes...

Old July 22nd 03, 02:50 AM
Veeduber

The problem with using large bags and large
batches is that the pot life of epoxy and adhesives is directly related to
the
size of the batch.

I think you'll find it's easier to put a small batch into a large bag than the
other way 'round :-)

I've found it best to assume everyone knows at least as much as I do about
engines, planes and who shot John. Steaming under those rules, if someone
shows signs of not having used a particular tool or technique, the mere mention
of it should be enough for them to determine if it can be applied to their
particular need.

That is, after leading the horse to water the rest of the job is up to the
horse :-)

-R.S.Hoover
Old July 22nd 03, 04:01 AM
Jerry Wass

ain't picked no cotton with Earl, but I bet it's neoprene lined-not
teflon--"taint near as good.--no cure date on teflon--indefinite shelf life.

"Bart D. Hull" wrote:

I'm going with the braided stainless steel stuff with AN fittings
(Automotive type - Earls.) as the 4 fuel lines go down the same tunnel
as my oxygen lines and antenna cables. No soft stuff for me. Same goes
for the brake lines, SS not nylaflow.

Thanks

--
Bart D. Hull

Tempe,Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html for my Subaru Engine
Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html for Tango II I'm
building.

Jerry Wass wrote:

Howdy Bart--
I also have some 1" i.d. silicone radiator hose in 3ft lengths, if you
haven't allready purchased the S.S. braided stuff-----You are using the
teflon lined for the fuel lines
& not the neoprene stuff aren't you?--Jerry

"Bart D. Hull" wrote:

to dispense vinylester - mill fiber mixture in a even and fast manner to
close out my top wing skins with no leaks in the tanks.

I have heard about using plastic bags with the end cut off but I'm going
to need to move alot of mixture in a short period.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old July 22nd 03, 06:37 AM
Richard Lamb

Veeduber wrote:

I have heard about using plastic bags with the end cut off but I'm going
to need to move alot of mixture in a short period.

Dear Bart (and the Group),

If the 1-gallon Ziploc's aren't big enought (kinda hard to believe...) then
find a hardware store that caters to masons and buy yourself a couple of
'baker's bags.' Same idea as for decorating a cake but on an industrial scale;
used for accurately placing/dispensing mortor, filled epoxies, high-viscosity
urethanes, etc.

I believe you'll find the weak link in using caulk-gun tubes is filling the
things. With ziploc's and baker's bags you can do the mixing IN THE BAG, be
ready to place even fast-cure compounds as soon as the mix is uniform.

Or? Lay the mixed bags in the refrigerator while you mix some more.

(Never used a baker's bag? Squeeze out all the air, hold it closed, give it an
easy spin... not too tight... then snip the corner according the size/shape of
bead you want to place. With a gallon-sized ziploc you can place about one
quart of mix; baker's bag can handle up to a full gallon. SOP for your
application, or applying 2-part sealant for riveted aluminum fuel tanks,
pontoon repairs, etc.)

-R.S.Hoover

Old July 22nd 03, 02:45 PM
RobertR237

In article , Richard Lamb
writes:

I believe you'll find the weak link in using caulk-gun tubes is filling the
things. With ziploc's and baker's bags you can do the mixing IN THE BAG,

be
ready to place even fast-cure compounds as soon as the mix is uniform.

Or? Lay the mixed bags in the refrigerator while you mix some more.

I don't recommend mixing in the bag but the refrigerator idea has a lot of
merit if used for just short period to delay the reaction.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old July 22nd 03, 07:00 PM
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Veeduber wrote:

I have heard about using plastic bags with the end cut off but I'm going
to need to move alot of mixture in a short period.

Dear Bart (and the Group),

If the 1-gallon Ziploc's aren't big enought (kinda hard to believe...) then

If 1-gallon ones aren't big enough, they make 2-1/2 gallon ones. You may have
to hunt to find 'em, but they _are_ avaialable.

Old March 1st 11, 11:32 AM
jashawa9485 jashawa9485 is offline
Junior Member

Talking

Old thread, but I just bought some here...

http://www.multitechproducts.com/pro...h-Plunger.html

They worked out great, glad I found out about these. I always just assumed you had to buy ones that were already filled.
Old March 3rd 11, 05:36 PM
OktjabrC OktjabrC is offline
Banned

Location: Russia