cirrus aircraft

Old September 25th 05, 02:12 AM
Mike

Default cirrus aircraft

The Cirrus aircraft line is pretty impressive. One thing that is weird is
the side-yoke. Anybody find any problems with that? It seems that a standard
yoke would allow the pilot to have more control (i.e. control with
two-hands). Feedback would be helpful.

Thx.

Old September 25th 05, 03:12 AM
John Godwin

"Mike" wrote in
:

--

Initially, I found it to be overly sensitive and I even had a little
problem flying straight-and-level. After practice, it's quite
Old September 25th 05, 06:08 AM
Sylvain

Morgans wrote:
What about flying long flights? It would seem to me that not being able to
switch hands, would mean a very tired left hand.

what about proper trimming the thing properly?

--Sylvain

Old September 25th 05, 11:52 AM
Peter R.

Morgans wrote:

What about flying long flights? It would seem to me that not being
able to switch hands, would mean a very tired left hand.

I would speculate that just about every pilot who owns a Cirrus and flies
long flights would let the autopilot handle the brunt of the flying.

--
Peter

Old September 25th 05, 01:22 PM
Morgans

"Sylvain" wrote
what about proper trimming the thing properly?

So I assume you have flown one for a couple hours and found it to be no
problem? Having it trimmed still means your hand stays up on the armrest
and at least nearby the stick, right? I simply like to change positions
more often, is all.
--
Jim in NC

Old September 25th 05, 01:58 PM
Dan Luke

"Morgans" wrote:

What about flying long flights? It would seem to me that not being
able to
switch hands, would mean a very tired left hand.

That's a good time to use that autopilot thing.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old September 25th 05, 02:30 PM
Kyle Boatright

"Morgans" wrote in message

"John Godwin" wrote

Initially, I found it to be overly sensitive and I even had a little
problem flying straight-and-level. After practice, it's quite
comfortable to fly and requires much less motion to maneuver the plane.
I don't use two hands on flights control anyway.

What about flying long flights? It would seem to me that not being able
switch hands, would mean a very tired left hand.
--
Jim in NC

Naah. I fly 3 and 4 hour legs in the RV without any hand/arm fatigue. Or
maybe I'm so focused on derrierre' and bladder fatigue I don't notice.

KB

Old September 25th 05, 06:48 PM
Ron Garret

In article ,
Sylvain wrote:

Morgans wrote:
What about flying long flights? It would seem to me that not being able to
switch hands, would mean a very tired left hand.

what about proper trimming the thing properly?

The Cirrus has an electric trim. I find it's all but impossible to get
fine enough control to really get the thing trimmed up properly at high
speed; it's just too twitchy. But the Cirrus also has an autopilot,
which more than makes up for the twitchy trim. When everything is
working properly, flying the CIrrus cross-country is more like playing a
video game than flying an airplane. (In the best of all worlds I'd like
to have both a manual trim and an autopilot (and a rudder trim while
we're making out wish lists) but if I have to choose just one the AP is
a big win.)

It is actually possible to reach over and control the sidestick with
your other hand. It's a little awkward, but it can be done if your left
hand just needs a little rest.

rg
Old September 25th 05, 07:00 PM
john smith

What about flying long flights? It would seem to me that not being able
to switch hands, would mean a very tired left hand.

Switch seats! :-))