CH question

Old July 16th 03, 11:08 AM
Frode Berg

Default CH question

Sorry, this has probably been answered before.

I just recieved a CH USB yoke to replace my VP pro Gameport yoke.
However, I still want to use my Gameport pedals.
Is this possible?

Thanks

Frode

Old July 16th 03, 02:43 PM
Cap'n Dondo

I have USB Rudder pedals and a Gameport FLight Sim Yoke, both by CH. I
can't use them together. It is either one or the other. How did you get
that to work? The CH website even says that you can't mix USB with Gameport
controllers.

"Jari Kähkönen" wrote in message

Yep, I used gameport rudder with CH USB Yoke Pro. I got CH USB Pedals
yesterday tho, but yoke worked with gameport rudder.

The rudder I used was in Saitek's X36F+X35T combo. Althought I've heard
that CH gameport pedals do not work with USB Yoke.

-Jari

Old July 16th 03, 02:55 PM
Frode Berg

Follow up:

I am now using the USB flight sim yoke together with CH pro pedals on the
game port.
They work together. I still have my old CH virtual pilot pro connected to
the pedals though....

Frode
"Cap'n Dondo" skrev i melding
.. .

Old July 18th 03, 03:07 AM
Frode Berg

Hi!

I'm on Win ME, and I'm using USB yoke, and gameport pedals. Only that the
gameport yoke is still connected. I think I read somewere that you have to
have a gameport joystick connected to the pedals for them to work in this
way, haven't tried to disconnect yet...will have to do that if someone will
buy my CH gameport yoke...

Frode
"Jari Kähkönen" skrev i melding

Nothing fancy here. I'm using Saitek Combo as normal joystick with rudder
and throttle (you can't use programming with XP and gameport X36F-combo).

have CH Yoke USB and I've set assignments on the fs so that Saitek only
handles rudder and throttle.

I got CH Pro pedals (USB) yesterday and configured yoke and pedals as one
joystick, so I removed rudder assignment from Saitek, so it's now
controlling only throttle. Had some probs with rudder and toe-brakes,

until
I noticed that I need to have reverse enabled on the toe-brakes.

Yeah I know they are saying you can't mix USB with gameport. I guess it's

CH-thing, other gameport stuff with CH seem to work. Although Frode wrote
that he's using CH USB&gameport...strange...what OS are you using? I have
XP Pro + SPsomething and gameport is on SB Live 1024.

-Jari
http://suprajari.tripod.com

Old July 18th 03, 10:04 AM
Jari Kähkönen

Hey you could be right, I have X36F stick laying on the floor behind my PC
and the throttle/rudder is connected to that.

-Jari