ChicagoLand Glider Council Newsletter Archives

Old November 11th 11, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

Default ChicagoLand Glider Council Newsletter Archives

The last 10 years of the ChicagoLand Glider Council newsletter are
available for everyone to enjoy.

http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com/newsletter.htm

The first 2011-2012 meeting is Tuesday, November 15. More details in
this month's newsletter.

http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com/...etterNov11.pdf

Thanks,
John DeRosa
CLGC Secretary
Old November 11th 11, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soartech[_2_]

On Nov 11, 11:48*am, JohnDeRosa wrote:
The last 10 years of the ChicagoLand Glider Council newsletter are
available for everyone to enjoy.

* *http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com/newsletter.htm

Thanks, some good stuff in those older newsletters.
I was looking in a 2005 edition and saw a list of 26 glider accidents
so thought I would
look one up at the address given: http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/query.asp

Big problem. The NTSB has changed their website and it is defective.
Sorting on Event Date it lists only 6 aviation accidents in 2005! Not
one is a glider.
The new address is http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/r..._aviation.html

Old November 11th 11, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

On Nov 11, 12:57*pm, soartech wrote:

Thanks, some good stuff in those older newsletters.
I was looking in a 2005 edition and saw a list of 26 glider accidents
so thought I would
look one up at the address given:http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/query.asp

*Big problem. The NTSB has changed their website and it is defective.
Sorting on Event Date it lists only 6 aviation accidents in 2005! Not
one is a glider.
The new address is http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/r..._aviation.html

Thanks for the new link. The next newsletter will have a listing of
the accidents for the year 2011 (sad) and I would have used the old
address and gotten bad information.
Old November 11th 11, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

On Nov 11, 1:48*pm, JohnDeRosa wrote:

Thanks for the new link. *The next newsletter will have a listing of
the accidents for the year 2011 (sad) and I would have used the old
address and gotten bad information.

Update: You are right that http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/query.asp is no
longer valid (moved my cheese indeed).

http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/index.aspx is still valid in the old
format and works for 2005 it would appear.

The http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/r..._aviation.html site
seems to be not be searchable which makes it less than useful to me.