Scratch Remover

Old August 9th 05, 02:45 PM
B. Jensen

Default Scratch Remover

I have some scratches in my Plexiglas. What is the best product to use
in order to remove them? They are not very deep, but they are irritating.

Thanks,

BJ

Old August 9th 05, 03:01 PM
bowman

B. Jensen wrote:

I have some scratches in my Plexiglas. What is the best product to use
in order to remove them? They are not very deep, but they are irritating.

Meguiar's has a couple of formulations, 10 and 17, that will handle fine
scratches. There is also the 'Mirror Glaze Defect Removal System' for
deeper scratches and nicks. Most auto stores will have the first two in
with the car care products.

Old August 9th 05, 04:13 PM
pbc76049

I have some scratches in my Plexiglas. What is the best product to use
in order to remove them? They are not very deep, but they are
irritating.

Use MICROMESH.

Old August 9th 05, 05:54 PM

On 9-Aug-2005, "B. Jensen" wrote:

I have some scratches in my Plexiglas. What is the best product to use
in order to remove them? They are not very deep, but they are irritating.

I have used Micro Mesh with very good results. Available from Sporty's and
other on-line pilot supply outlets.

--
-Elliott Drucker
Old August 9th 05, 07:05 PM
N523RV

Van's Aircraft has a scratch removal kit.

http://www.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/...ct=scratch-off

(If that link doesn't work, just to go their website and search the
store for 'scratch removal')

Matthew

Old August 10th 05, 12:05 AM
Michelle P

BJ,
2000 then 4000 then 6000 grit sandpaper. with water.
Found at post places with automotive paint.
Michelle

Old August 10th 05, 12:38 AM
Bill Daniels

Take a look at 3M Micron Finishing paper. Various grades down to 0.5 micron
grit (10,000 grit equiv.) The backing is soft like tissue paper so folds
don't scratch the surface. It's super for polishing gelcoat.

Bill Daniels

ink.net...

Old August 10th 05, 03:27 AM
Bryan Martin

I used Novus products on my canopy. For deep scratches, start with
Novus #3 and then #2 and then #1. It worked very well. Aircraft spruce
carries it, others probably do also.

Bryan Martin

Old August 10th 05, 09:39 AM
COLIN LAMB

Most of the plastics stores (such as Tap Plastics) carry scratch removal
liquids. I bought a 3 - 2 - 1 series of bottles and it is excellent.

Even good for removing scratches from watch crystals. I did that on my
wife's watch and she was really impressed. I mean really.

Colin

Scratch Remover B. Jensen Home Built 9 August 10th 05 03:48 PM
Good Paint Remover? Marco Leon Owning 2 June 22nd 04 07:58 PM
windscreen pollish/scratch remover centurion_of_evil Rotorcraft 4 October 3rd 03 06:49 AM