Bob the bombardier has passed on

Old May 12th 04, 04:23 PM
Chris Mark

Default Bob the bombardier has passed on

A while back I posted a story about Bob, bombardier of a B-25 that ditched on
the way back to Corsica after a mission. Bob saved the lives of both the
pilot, who was injured in the cockpit, and the tail gunner, who was trapped in
the aft compartment.
Well, Bob Denbo, I learn, has passed on, age 83. Bob was a Hoosier who enlisted
the day the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor. He served tours in the CBI and Italy as
a bombardier, separating from the service after the war, but re-enlisting to
serve in the Korean War. His favorite things were basketball, long hot summer
evenings, tenderloin sandwiches, home-grown tomatoes, dogs and Chevrolets. He
had an Indiana-boy's dry wit, good judgement, pragmatism and compassion. He
loved his country dearly and had an abiding interest in politics and history.
He will be missed.

Chris Mark

Old May 13th 04, 03:42 AM
Gernot Hassenpflug

"George" == George Z Bush writes:

"Chris Mark" wrote in message
A while back I posted a story about Bob, bombardier of a B-25
that ditched on the way back to Corsica after a mission. Bob
saved the lives of both the pilot, who was injured in the
cockpit, and the tail gunner, who was trapped in the aft
compartment. Well, Bob Denbo, I learn, has passed on, age
83. /../

George RIP.

Amen.

--
G Hassenpflug * IJN & JMSDF equipment/history fan