6 place airplane

Old January 22nd 04, 06:29 PM
Marval

Default 6 place airplane

Can anyone help me out? trying to find a 6 place airplane that can truly
carry it's load, single engine. looking for a payload of at least 1000
pounds with full of fuel.

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
Old January 22nd 04, 06:46 PM
Roy Smith

In article ,
Marval wrote:

Can anyone help me out? trying to find a 6 place airplane that can truly
carry it's load, single engine. looking for a payload of at least 1000
pounds with full of fuel.

Why with full fuel? A more reasonable requirement is "can carry 1000
pounds plus enough fuel to go X miles with Y minutes reserve".

Let's say I find you an airplane that can carry 6 people with full fuel,
but the tanks are so small you can only go 100 miles with it. Will you
be happy?

Let's say I find you an airplane which can carry 6 people, if you only
fill the tanks half way, but that still leaves you enough fuel to fly
800 miles. Will you be unhappy?
Old January 22nd 04, 06:55 PM
Mike Rapoport

I don't think there are any but are you sure that you can find 6 adults who
are willing to sit in a six place single for four to six hours?

Mike
MU-2

Old January 22nd 04, 07:35 PM
Paul Sengupta

A Caravan or PC-12 with some seats taken out?

Paul

Old January 22nd 04, 07:51 PM

Marval wrote:
Can anyone help me out? trying to find a 6 place airplane that can truly
carry it's load, single engine. looking for a payload of at least 1000
pounds with full of fuel.

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Antonov AN-2

Plus you have a potty if fitted for passengers.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.
Old January 22nd 04, 08:10 PM
C J Campbell

"Marval" wrote in message
| Can anyone help me out? trying to find a 6 place airplane that can truly
| carry it's load, single engine. looking for a payload of at least 1000
| pounds with full of fuel.

If I only fill the fuel to the tabs, I can carry over 1000 lbs payload in my
206 and still have more than five hours endurance.

OTOH, you could just buy a plane that has smaller fuel tanks and lose the
option of flying further if you have only a small load.

Old January 22nd 04, 10:19 PM
Ray Andraka

I beg to differ. I have a 1965 Cherokee Six-260. I have 1050lb payload left
over with full tanks. Full tanks is 84 gallons at 14 GPH doing an honest
125-130 Kts, betcha can't sit that long. I haven't seen any other production
piston single that will match it (excepting PA-32's of course). The thing is a
minivan with wings.

Mike Rapoport wrote:

I don't think there are any but are you sure that you can find 6 adults who
are willing to sit in a six place single for four to six hours?

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old January 22nd 04, 11:25 PM
Mike Rapoport

OK, so there is one. The real question that I was trying to get at is
whether 1000lb and full fuel are sensible criteria. I would say that an
airplane meeting those specs should have larger tanks. I have nine seats
and I have taken a maximium of 6 people exactly once. I have never taken
more than four (my family) on a long flight 1200nm. My experience (and
most of those I know) is that there is rarely an occasion to fill the 6
seats for a long flight it is usually either/or.

Mike
MU-2

Old January 23rd 04, 01:39 AM

On 22-Jan-2004, "Mike Rapoport" wrote:

The real question that I was trying to get at is whether 1000lb and full
fuel are sensible criteria.
I would say that an airplane meeting those specs should have larger tanks.

Exactly!

Many pilots say they don't need “extra” range because they can tolerate only
so many hours on a given flight leg. I'll bet these pilots are mostly
non-instrument rated, because where the “extra” range really makes a
difference is in meeting the IFR alternate and reserve requirements. Knock
a couple of hours off of a seemingly generous 5 hour endurance and IFR range
suddenly becomes a very limiting 3 hours.

Remember, on a flight of 600 nm, a 135 kt. airplane that can make it
non-stop will about as fast as a 175 kt. airplane that can't.

---Elliott Drucker