6 place airplane

Old January 23rd 04, 03:05 AM
Pat Thronson

TBM- 700

http://www.aerospatiale-socata.ip3.c...%20TBM-700.htm Capacity
"Pilot and one passenger (or copilot) on flightdeck. Main cabin seating for
up to five, or typical accommodation for four in a club arrangement. The
TBM-700 is also offered as a freighter."

This will haul the groceries

Pat Thronson

"Marval" wrote in message
Can anyone help me out? trying to find a 6 place airplane that can truly
carry it's load, single engine. looking for a payload of at least 1000
pounds with full of fuel.

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Old January 23rd 04, 03:39 AM
BTIZ

where is your CG with all seats filled and only "reserve" fuel .. or better
yet.. empty tanks..

BT

"Ray Andraka" wrote in message
I beg to differ. I have a 1965 Cherokee Six-260. I have 1050lb payload

left
over with full tanks. Full tanks is 84 gallons at 14 GPH doing an honest
125-130 Kts, betcha can't sit that long. I haven't seen any other

production
piston single that will match it (excepting PA-32's of course). The thing

is a
minivan with wings.

Mike Rapoport wrote:

I don't think there are any but are you sure that you can find 6 adults

who
are willing to sit in a six place single for four to six hours?

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old January 23rd 04, 07:59 AM
C J Campbell

"Drew Dalgleish" wrote in message
| If you're not in a hurry for it you could build yourself a Murphy
| Moose.

Aahh. But then I would put in extra large gas tanks, and still be back with
the same 'problem.'

Old January 23rd 04, 11:06 AM
Peter Hovorka

Hi Paul,

the PC-12/45 will load about 600 kg ( ~ 1300 lb ) with full fuel and
without seats to be taken out. Correct me if I'm wrong, just iirc-data.

Regards,
Peter

Old January 23rd 04, 12:33 PM
Paul Sengupta

It's just that he wanted 6 seats! :-)

1000lb load is all very well, but in my book that doesn't equate
to 6 adults! 600kg would be nearer if "normal" male adults are
called for. Would only be enough for 5 of me! :-)

Paul

Old January 23rd 04, 03:56 PM
Ray Andraka

You have to really work to get the CG out of range. It''ll happen if you fill
the
back seats with big guys and leave the others empty, but otherwise it is pretty
hard
to do. The tanks are not that far forward of the CG, and the airplane is pretty
heavy
(3400# max gross), so the CG change from full to empty is not all that great.
My
W&B spreadsheet doe calculate the zero fuel and anticipated arrival CG's
nonetheless.

Old January 23rd 04, 04:31 PM
Mike Rapoport

I am waiting on my Moose kit #and is will have the large tanks! With the
large tank option I anticipate being able to go fishing from place to place
for an extended period without returning to an airport. The Moose is
evidently proving very popular since I have been assigned serial number 241.

Mike
MU-2

Old January 23rd 04, 05:30 PM
Mike Long

Marval wrote in message ...
Can anyone help me out? trying to find a 6 place airplane that can truly
carry it's load, single engine. looking for a payload of at least 1000
pounds with full of fuel.

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

A 206H has just under 1400 lbs useful. If you add Flint Tip Tanks, it
will be 200 lbs additional if you don't put fuel in them. So, roughly,
that leaves 1065 lbs payload with 88 gallons. With small gear, 156-158
kts.

Mike
Old January 23rd 04, 09:09 PM
Doug

Cool. Which floats are you putting on it? Straights or Amphibs? I took
my Husky up north with Wipline 2100A's. What a trip!