RAP is NOT Dead

Old August 16th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default RAP is NOT Dead

I, for one, do not think this newsgroup is dead. It has had and continue to
have hiccups. After reading almost all of the posts in this group, here is
what I have gathered.

1. There are those among us who don't have a full knowledge of aviation
related matters.
2. There are those among us who have a lot of knowledge and is willing to
share it.
3. There are those among us who don't have a clue about aviation.
4. There are those among us who have severe attitude problems.
5. There are those among us who cannot take constructive criticism.
6. There are those among us who criticize almost everything someone says.
7. There are those among us that never add any useful information, but
instead deride those that do.

I could add other concerns but hopefully everyone gets the message.

As I see it, the bottom line is to read the posts and decide whether are not
you should respond. If you can't add anything positive to the posts, then
maybe you should not respond. If there are those on this forum that you
feel don't have a clue, then just ignore them (i.e. do not respond) if you
can't offer any help. As for new pilots or students in training, after
reading a post that arouses your curiosity, you can go to various reference
books (FAR/AIM, Private Pilot Handbook, etc.) to search on the issue then
draw your own conclusions. You can also question the poster to get a better
understanding of the subject matter, but if things turn into a ****ing
contest, then respond no further.

I enjoy reading posts on this newsgroup. I also am a member of PoA as well
as AOPA forums. There are a few good people that have left this newsgroup
for various reasons although they do pop in occasionally. For that I am
appreciative and hope they continue to do so. After all, running away does
not solve anything.

--
CareBear

Old August 16th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

wrote

I, for one, do not think this newsgroup is dead. It has had and continue
to have hiccups. After reading almost all of the posts in this group,
here is what I have gathered.

As I see it, the bottom line is to read the posts and decide whether are
not you should respond. If you can't add anything positive to the posts,
then maybe you should not respond.

I hope you are right.

Please, everyone. Let's clean up our act, and be positive, even if it means
ignoring idiots that need to be slapped down.

Go by the saying, "If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing."
--
Jim in NC

Old August 16th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 16, 6:11*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
wrote

I, for one, do not think this newsgroup is dead. *It has had and continue
to have hiccups. *After reading almost all of the posts in this group,
here is what I have gathered.
As I see it, the bottom line is to read the posts and decide whether are
not you should respond. *If you can't add anything positive to the posts,
then maybe you should not respond.

I hope you are right.

Please, everyone. *Let's clean up our act, and be positive, even if it means
ignoring idiots that need to be slapped down.

Go by the saying, "If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing."
--

Some of us have been guilty of being hamburger helper, extending
threads hoping for intelligent discussion. There's ample evidence

Old August 16th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_5_]

Anthony will never go away- he is like the wart that you keep picking at but
always comes back.

Between RAP and Pilots of America (neither is perfect) the biggest selling
point of POA is simply tha Anthony isn't there.

Old August 17th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 16, 6:46*pm, "Viperdoc" wrote:
Anthony will never go away- he is like the wart that you keep picking at but
always comes back.

Between RAP and Pilots of America (neither is perfect) the biggest selling
point of POA is simply tha Anthony isn't there.

Unanswered posts anywhere will solve the problem, whether or not he
posts.
Old August 17th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Morgans wrote:
wrote

I, for one, do not think this newsgroup is dead. It has had and continue
to have hiccups. After reading almost all of the posts in this group,
here is what I have gathered.

As I see it, the bottom line is to read the posts and decide whether are
not you should respond. If you can't add anything positive to the posts,
then maybe you should not respond.

I hope you are right.

Please, everyone. Let's clean up our act, and be positive, even if it means
ignoring idiots that need to be slapped down.

Go by the saying, "If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing."

Just HAVE to keep it going don't you you ****ing idiot? Why don't YOU
just shut the **** up and stop INITIATING all this crap you always seem
to do?
YOU'RE the ****ing problem you idiot!!!

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 17th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
[...]

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEDAY, it might sink in around here but I'm not
holding my breath :-)

Most groups on usenet have one or two a$$holes who didn't get enough
attention from mommie or daddie, or whatever. The nature of unmoderated
forums is that when one of them leaves another one just as bad (if not
worse) quickly takes the place. As the post count rises, you tend to get
more of them.

So actually what denegrates the group more than anything are those who ****
and moan ad nauseum about the trolls. If they bother anyone that much, get
a better newsreader or a standalone client side application and filter them
out. Or simply get over it and enjoy their stupidity for the comic relief
it provides. Or move to a moderated forum.

The nature of these a$$holes are they get a rise out of the attention,
including the ****ing and moaning, and an excellent example is this very
thread.

Old August 17th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Mike wrote:
[...]

True enough. I'm just in no mood this week to deal with idiots.
There's always next week :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 17th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Well, I guess the thoughts I presented were in vain. We are now calling
people "idiots" and "
a$$holes" in this thread. There is even the mention of Anthony not going
away. I will state for the record that he is most likely not the only one
that should go away. Maybe there really is no hope to make this newsgroup
more people friendly. Sorry I wasted mine and everyone else's time.

--
CareBear

wrote in message
[...]

AUDIO: Bush jewish. Blair jewish. Howard jewish. Sarkozy jewish. 1.2 million muslims dead. Thousands of Americans dead. Trillion$ missing. [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 November 2nd 07 06:56 PM
Dead DG mbremer216 Owning 27 February 26th 06 11:51 PM
Is the F-35 dead? nemo Military Aviation 13 December 31st 03 12:07 PM
Is Rafale dead? Charles Talleyrand Naval Aviation 33 December 17th 03 12:17 AM
Chinook down, 13 dead John Mullen Military Aviation 0 November 2nd 03 12:02 PM