annual interruptus

Old March 12th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

Default annual interruptus

So then I can assume that you only drive on toll roads, send your children
to private schools, fly from a private airport, never use ATC, and any of
the thousands of "public services?"- Hide quoted text -

As far as I'm concerned the US Government does not subsidize general
aviation nearly enough - magnitudes too little...
Even if subsidized each year with just a fraction of what is spent in
ONE DAY on public boat launches, harbors, coast lines, rivers, bays,
lakes, dredging for commercial shipping, national park roads,
wilderness roads, hiking trails, federal highways, federal support for
state highways, trucking, railroads, research, and on, and on, would
have every single GA airport in this country looking like Donald
Trumps personal showplace...
Just a fraction of ONE DAYS expenditures would astound you with what
we could do to subsidize GA airports... And that still leaves 364 and
a fraction days to continue to blow on the others...

And, if we had just ONE whole day of transportation spending
specifically allocated to GA per annum - whooo baby, leather designer
couches in the lounges, eye candy at every front desk, ramp boys 24/7,
cheap hangar space, cheap fuel, spotless concrete ramps and runways,
approach and runway lighting systems like a Los Vegas show, WAAS at
every single airport, high school pilot-ed just like drivers-ed... man
oh man, the gravy, the gravy droooool

denny - don't ever wake me up, I wanna die happy...

Old March 13th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Margy Natalie wrote:

You don't have a job, you have a business. That's a big difference.
What you do pays off directly to you. You work hard, you do well (or
better). If you choose to go flying you can pay someone else to cover
the front desk. At some point you may choose to go flying more and pay
someone else more or choose to work more and pay someone else less. For
the rest of us we work, we get paid, we work some more. If we exceed
the expectations of our performance plans we get an atta boy.

Margy

Yes, that is true he's got a business, not a "job". If you feel like it
you too can start a business too doing something you enjoy to hopefully
make a living, and if you are one of the lucky ones come out at least
breaking even compared to "working for the man". There's nothing
stopping you from starting your own business (other than perhaps
government regulations on many industries) so that you too can reap the
rewards that go with a SUCCESSFUL business. The fact that you have the
freedom to do so is one of the major things that make America great.

On the other hand, starting and running a business isn't for every one.
Small business owners in general start out with the deck stacked
against them. Every tier of the government wants their cut, and in many
cases the government can fund a competing business and effectively pull
the rug out from under you, all while taxing you into oblivion.
Meanwhle, you need to keep pulling in paying customers in order to be
able to cut yourself a paycheck at the end of the month. Not enough
business to pay all the bills, or a delinquent customer that doesn't pay
a bill on time: you eat the cost instead of dinner. Most of us running
small businesses have at one time or another had cash flow issues that
had us eating macaroni and cheese from time to time. Yes, there are
rewards to running a business, but there are also substantial risks that
go with it.
Old March 13th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message

So then I can assume that you only drive on toll roads, send your children
to private schools, fly from a private airport, never use ATC, and any of
the thousands of "public services?"

I do because that's all there is, not because I stole from my neighbor via
the ballot box. Given a choice, I'd revert to the proper function of
government and privatize EVERYTHING except courts, police and military.

Oh, and yes, I did send all my three kids to private schools - K thru HS.
IOW, I paid for mine and my neighbors (f*$&%*ing whores) kids educations.
--
Matt

Out of annual.... A Lieberman Owning 7 October 31st 05 02:47 AM
After Annual ... [email protected] Piloting 22 August 18th 05 05:24 AM
My Annual Charles Talleyrand Owning 34 July 28th 05 01:17 PM
Off I go to help with my first annual on my C-150 NW_PILOT Owning 22 October 26th 04 11:39 PM
In for Annual Jim Weir Piloting 0 August 5th 04 07:06 PM