LS8 water valves

Old June 29th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bela[_2_]

Default LS8 water valves

Could someone tell me if the delron water valve housing on the LS8 are
treaded or pressed into the wing surface.
Bela Szalai
Old June 29th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

They are threaded. You will notice two holes in the rim of the valve
seats. You get yourself and adjustable "pin wrench", put the tips
into the holes on the rim of the valve seat, and unscrew the seat.

Mine were weeping water. I removed them, placed silicone sealer on
the threads, and replaced them. Perfect.

Guy Acheson, "DDS"

Old June 29th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

On Jun 29, 12:12*am, Bela wrote:
Could someone tell me if the delron water valve housing on the LS8 are
treaded or pressed into the wing surface.
Bela Szalai

Threaded. Have a look here for some pics on removing:

http://home.netcom.com/~pappa3/files...ain_repair.doc

http://home.netcom.com/~pappa3/files/818WingValve.PDF

Erik Mann
LS8-18 (P3)
Old June 30th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bela[_2_]

On Jun 28, 10:18 pm, Papa3 wrote:
On Jun 29, 12:12 am, Bela wrote:

Could someone tell me if the delron water valve housing on the LS8 are
treaded or pressed into the wing surface.
Bela Szalai

Threaded. Have a look here for some pics on removing:

http://home.netcom.com/~pappa3/files...ain_repair.doc

http://home.netcom.com/~pappa3/files/818WingValve.PDF

Erik Mann
LS8-18 (P3)

Guy and Eric,
thank you very much for the info. Done the re-sealing on the leaky
valve and will do the other 3 soon.
Bela

A-65 Continental 100 Octane Valves: HELP! Scott Home Built 5 February 14th 05 04:11 PM
Exhaust Valves Boelkowj Home Built 4 January 25th 05 01:15 AM
Water, water, everywhere, but none for thirsty wings.... Chris OCallaghan Soaring 0 November 21st 04 04:14 PM
Schemp Hirth water ballast dump valves tango4 Soaring 14 September 2nd 04 07:13 PM
Weatherhead fuel valves? Yosimite Sam Home Built 2 February 14th 04 01:21 AM