How did you guys get all these OT conspiracy $!@$%!! types here?

Old March 17th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default How did you guys get all these OT conspiracy $!@$%!! types here?

In article , Morgans wrote:

"John Clear" wrote
I kill anything crossposted to alt.disasters.aviation and anything
posted to more then five groups. That pretty much takes care of
all the trolls.

I sure wish OE had that kind of option, or that there was an EASY add on to
do it.

There are other/better newsreaders out there for Winblows then OE. I've
heard people say nice things about Forte, but haven't played with it.

Being a Unix guy, all I need to put in my killfile is:

# kill anything xposted to ada
/alt.disasters.aviation/HXref:j=
# kill anything xposted to more then five groups.
/.*:.*:.*:.*:.*/HXref:j=

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

Old March 17th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"John Clear" wrote

There are other/better newsreaders out there for Winblows then OE. I've
heard people say nice things about Forte, but haven't played with it.

All someone's opinion. In MY opinion, none of the other ones are as easy
and as logicaly laid outm, as OE.

Being a Unix guy, all I need to put in my killfile is:

# kill anything xposted to ada
/alt.disasters.aviation/HXref:j=
# kill anything xposted to more then five groups.
/.*:.*:.*:.*:.*/HXref:j=

And I do wish there was an option to do that, with OE.
--
Jim in NC

Old March 17th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Montblack" wrote M$ OE 6.0

Main OE page (Inbox)/Tools/Message Rules/News.../

Yep, I know how to do that, but there never seems to be a good word to go
with, without occasionally killing a thread you want to keep.

I mostly just hit " mark conversation read," and go on.
--
Jim in NC

Old March 17th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Bob Noel" wrote

among my many criteria are kill if subject contains belfort, newgroups

****or xref contains rec.travel.air (or alt.disasters.aviation).****

Explain this, for use on OE, if you can, please?
--
Jim in NC

Old March 17th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article , "Morgans"
wrote:

****or xref contains rec.travel.air (or alt.disasters.aviation).****

Explain this, for use on OE, if you can, please?

I don't use OE.

Can you see the headers with OE?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old March 17th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Morgans wrote:

All someone's opinion. In MY opinion, none of the other ones are as easy
and as logicaly laid outm, as OE.

But, obviously lacking the powerful kill filter feature that would make
reading this group a little more enjoyable.

--
Peter
Old March 17th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:

I'd been answering some of them - different name. I'd leave out our
newsgroup. That did cut down on a few of them because they'd reply (minus)
RAP. g

Clever, but certainly this requires a lot of your free time.

Thank you for your effort, though.

--
Peter
Old March 17th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Schools out for Spring break.

Old March 17th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Peter R." wrote)
I'd been answering some of them - different name. I'd leave out our
newsgroup. That did cut down on a few of them because they'd reply
(minus) RAP. g

Clever, but certainly this requires a lot of your free time.

Not much really. My answers were designed to continue the discussion - not
make a stand. Short, to the point. Sometimes a question, etc.

Switching my profile takes 30 seconds.

The real trick is remembering to switch identities back. :-)

Montblack

Old March 17th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:

Not much really. My answers were designed to continue the discussion - not
make a stand. Short, to the point. Sometimes a question, etc.

Switching my profile takes 30 seconds.

The real trick is remembering to switch identities back. :-)

I am impressed. A troll to the trolls.

--
Peter