Something That Snuck Under The Radar-Proposed End of TWEB.

Old May 24th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
sheamon

Default Something That Snuck Under The Radar-Proposed End of TWEB.

Unfortunately, we have sent a comment to the NWS to keep the TWEB
routes in place. I work for Flight Service in the Northwest and we use
these local forecasts as much as possible. Of course one forecast is
always doing better than another, but for mountainous routes and
specialized geography, weather patterns, nothing beats the TWEB's. We
have sent our comments to the local NWS office and spoke face to face
with a local forecaster to save these valuable tools. Not sure if it
will help.

The FAA has stated no requirement, but Flight Service still uses them
heavily. Seems like some kind of agenda to me.

On May 23, 9:28 am, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2007 06:57:23 -0700, RL Anderson
wrote in :

FAA HAS STATED NO REQUIREMENT FOR CONUS TWEB
FORECASTS ONCE THE AUTOMATED FLIGHT SERVICE STATIONS CEASE
FUNCTIONING AND LOCKHEED-MARTIN CONTRACT FLIGHT SERVICE
FACILITIES REACH FULL OPERATIONAL STATUS ON JULY 31 2007.

Isn't privatization grand? :-(