headset - cellphone adapters

Old March 27th 05, 01:08 PM
Helen Woods

Default headset - cellphone adapters

There are a number of headset - cellphone adapters on the market ranging
in price considerably. If you've tried agiven brand, I'd be interested
in hearing your PIREP on it.

Thanks,
Helen
Old March 27th 05, 03:03 PM
Dan Luke

I have a CellSet that works fine, although it is a bit large and awkward
to stow.

http://www.cellset.com/Aviationitems.html

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old March 27th 05, 03:07 PM
Jay Honeck

There are a number of headset - cellphone adapters on the market ranging
in price considerably. If you've tried agiven brand, I'd be interested in
hearing your PIREP on it.

Well, it's not an adaptor -- but the built-in cell phone interface on the
Lightspeed Twenty 3Gs works terrifically.

I don't use it often, but when I need it, I wonder how I ever got by without
it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 27th 05, 04:55 PM
C J Campbell

"Helen Woods" wrote in message
There are a number of headset - cellphone adapters on the market ranging
in price considerably. If you've tried agiven brand, I'd be interested
in hearing your PIREP on it.

Also not an adapter, but the cell phone plug on my Lightspeed twenty 3G
works very well. No noise or static and cuts out when I get radio traffic.

I have found it most useful when calling back to the office to report that I
am running late -- we start a search the moment any plane is late getting
back.

Old March 28th 05, 06:29 AM

If you are wanting to use your cell phone in the air (ignoring whatever
the legalities might be), I haven't had very good luck with it even
when I'm close to a tower unless I'm rather low -- around 400 AGL or
less... I've tried to call while in the pattern, but could not get a
signal, but once I got down to 400 ft on short final, I was able to
make the call... Of course, 400 ft AGL on short final is not exactly
the time to be making the call... What I had used was one of the
earphone mics for the cellphone and shoved it underneath my aviation
headset... Since your voice goes through the intercom and you can hear
yourself, the mic of the cellphone earpiece can also transmit your
voice... It's not a perfect solution, but better than shutting the
engine down to idle and trying to complete the call before the ground
manages to come up an smite you... grin

iPod & Headset? Jens Krueger Piloting 27 November 16th 04 05:44 PM
Cellphone via headset ? Christian Piloting 42 November 11th 04 08:41 PM
Panther C.A.T. headset. Ross Taylor Products 0 October 22nd 04 11:59 PM
Bose makes good on my wife's headset. Kyler Laird General Aviation 3 March 10th 04 02:08 PM
Bose makes good on my wife's headset. Kyler Laird Piloting 3 March 10th 04 02:08 PM