How do you submit a NOTAM?

Old August 31st 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Default How do you submit a NOTAM?

On Aug 31, 4:54 pm, Ron Natalie wrote:

They told you wrong. 200 feet is the threshold. We specifically built
a 199' tower to avoid having to worry about it at our station.

FSS couldn't generate a NOTAM from his report of the lighting outage.
That has nothing to do with the marking and lighting requirements

Old August 31st 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 31, 6:01 pm, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

At 36N 87W, starting at the surface and working up, the airspace is Class G
to 1200 AGL, Class E to FL 180, Class A to FL 600, and Class E to where
airspace becomes just space.

Please forgive my ignorance as I learn to read an aeronautical chart.
Looking at the legend it appears Class E is the purple gradient circle
and Class C is the solid line around Nashville. How do you interpret
that 36N 87W is in Class E, as it is outside that gradient circle? Is
Class E space "just everywhere" like Class A? If it is, why label it
separately on charts?

Thanks.

Old August 31st 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message
oups.com...

Please forgive my ignorance as I learn to read an aeronautical chart.
Looking at the legend it appears Class E is the purple gradient circle
and Class C is the solid line around Nashville. How do you interpret
that 36N 87W is in Class E, as it is outside that gradient circle? Is
Class E space "just everywhere" like Class A? If it is, why label it
separately on charts?

Look at the chart legend under "Airport Traffic Service and Airspace
Information". Just beneath the airspace symbology is the statement, "Class
E Airspace exists at 1200' AGL unless otherwise designated as shown above."

Old September 1st 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"John Godwin" wrote in message
..

I was Chief Engineer at a radio station many years ago. Whenever our
transmitter tower lights went OTS, I called the nearest Flight
Service Station and explained the situation. A NOTAM was issued.

A while back, I had a light that was going to be out for a couple of hours.
In accordance to my past experience and regulations, I called my nearest FSS.
Of course, some dum**** from LockMart answered the phone and knew nothing about
how to generate a NOTAM. After a long delay, he gave me some usless phone
numbers that nobody answered.

I tried some other things, but finally gave up in disgust!

I someone has a good 24 hour number that would be answered by a real FAA
person, I am ready to copy.

(Sorry for the double post)

Vaughn

Old September 1st 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in
:

In accordance to my past experience and regulations, I called my
nearest FSS. Of course, some dum**** from LockMart answered the
phone and knew nothing about how to generate a NOTAM. After a
long delay, he gave me some usless phone numbers that nobody
answered.

I guess that I was extremely lucky because it was back in 1956 when
there were REAL Flight Service Stations. g

Old September 1st 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 19:26:28 -0000, John Godwin
wrote:

I was Chief Engineer at a radio station many years ago. Whenever our
transmitter tower lights went OTS, I called the nearest Flight
Service Station and explained the situation. A NOTAM was issued.

I work for a large telco, and we have towers that require FAA
notification for lighting outages. The lower ones that require
reports are close to airports. AFAIK, we get fined for not fixing
them fast enough, too.

The towers that require lights have lighting failure alarm telemetry.
Old September 1st 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:51:34 -0400, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea
Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote:

The experts on this sort of thing are over on rec.models.rockets...

Really.

I second that.

Really.

Note the "Unmanned Rocket" NOTAMS in a given area.
Old September 1st 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 31, 6:47 pm, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

Look at the chart legend under "Airport Traffic Service and Airspace
Information". Just beneath the airspace symbology is the statement, "Class
E Airspace exists at 1200' AGL unless otherwise designated as shown above."

Ohhh! I see, the purple gradients are for Class E with a floor of
700', and that's why they show it separately.This really helps my
understanding.

So does Class E have any special restrictions on unmanned free-
balloons? The FAA guidelines on unmanned free balloons says nothing
about airspace classes, only payload. I just thought it wise to avoid
the Class C airspace in my area all together.

-John

Old September 1st 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote:

The experts on this sort of thing are over on rec.models.rockets...

Really.

I second that.

Really.

Note the "Unmanned Rocket" NOTAMS in a given area.

I'll ask the rocket group, but FAA the rules for unmanned free-
balloons are very different from the rockets.

-John

Submit your aviation photos! PokerGTA.com Piloting 17 October 13th 05 03:44 PM
GPS PRN NOTAM Ali Ghorashi Instrument Flight Rules 7 February 4th 05 07:40 AM
NOTAM C J Campbell Piloting 87 October 15th 04 06:03 PM
MRB DP NOTAM [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 12 March 11th 04 05:19 PM
AF/D's and NOTAM Andrew Sarangan Instrument Flight Rules 9 January 19th 04 09:19 PM