2019 SSA Pilot Opinion Poll Results

Old October 23rd 19, 08:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default 2019 SSA Pilot Opinion Poll Results

All,

The results of the 2019 SSA Pilot Opinion Poll are now posted on SSA.org. Thanks to all those who took the time to provide their input.

https://www.ssa.org/files/member/201...ll_Results.pdf

Andy Blackburn
Chair, SSA Contest Rules Committee
Old October 23rd 19, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks for all the work you guys did in getting this survey out. Its sure interesting looking at the results. Am I correct in inferring that there are some very strongly held opinions regarding changes that affect the regionals but somewhat indifferance regarding effects to the nationals?
Old October 23rd 19, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcg8w%[email protected]

Thank you to everyone on the contest rules committee for all your work preparing the survey and for the follow up analysis

As always, It is greatly appreciated

Jim Garrison
AE

Old October 23rd 19, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Echoing others' thanks to the Rules Committee for their efforts and prompt posting of the results. Very interesting reading. A lot of good thoughts. Reinforces my long-standing belief that the competitive soaring crowd is exceptional in many ways. I don't agree with everything said but, unlike the case with politics in this country, I'm confident this group can move towards compromise solutions to our differences that work for most of us. The trick is communications: i.e., getting the parties involved to discuss their positions and rationales. It's unfortunate that we're spread out all of the U.S. but electronic communication has made it much easier than ever before to exchange thoughts.

We put a lot of pressure on the Rules Committee to digest all of our input and then synthesize a series of solutions each year. Just a thought: would it be an improvement to extend the decision-making process a bit? For example, the Rules Committee meets and deliberates as usual but then presents their findings as a series of up-or-down or pick-one-of-the-following votes to the respondents to determine the final outcome? Just a thought. It seems many times there's an outcry after the new Rules are announced and hard feelings all year from some who feel their wishes have been ignored.

Chip Bearden
JB
Old October 24th 19, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 3:24:30 AM UTC-4, Andy Blackburn wrote:
All,

The results of the 2019 SSA Pilot Opinion Poll are now posted on SSA.org. Thanks to all those who took the time to provide their input.

https://www.ssa.org/files/member/201...ll_Results.pdf

Andy Blackburn
Chair, SSA Contest Rules Committee

Thank you for posting results so quickly.