Any Lockheed Structural Repair Manuals out there?

Old November 27th 04, 07:02 AM
Robert Murray

Default Any Lockheed Structural Repair Manuals out there?

I'm trying to find any substitutes for 2 extrusions:
LS-2419
LS-4109

I know some SRMs have fabricated substitutes for extrusions. This is for an
F-104A!

TIA,
Bob

Old November 29th 04, 05:44 AM
Scott Vetter

Robert Murray wrote:
I'm trying to find any substitutes for 2 extrusions:
LS-2419
LS-4109

I know some SRMs have fabricated substitutes for extrusions. This is for an
F-104A!

TIA,
Bob

What are the extrusions for? And who else is restoring a -104A?

Scott
Old November 29th 04, 05:49 AM
Scott Vetter

Robert Murray wrote:
I'm trying to find any substitutes for 2 extrusions:
LS-2419
LS-4109

I know some SRMs have fabricated substitutes for extrusions. This is for an
F-104A!

TIA,
Bob

Forgot to add: I do have the 1F-104A-3 as well as the blueprints.
Also, what you may have to do is get a block of the base material and
machine it down to the extrusions then machine it further to the part
that is needed.

Scott
Old December 2nd 04, 05:59 AM

Scott Vetter wrote:
Robert Murray wrote:
I'm trying to find any substitutes for 2 extrusions:
LS-2419
LS-4109

Try Tirnay (?) metals. They have a catalog of several thousand
different extrusions that are stock items.

BTW..Trying to machine an extrusion shape out of barstock isn't worth
the time and effort as it will not have the same physical
characteristics as the extrusion.

Craig C.