Question on Horton wings and 1952 Newsreel: Experimental Aircraft

Old November 18th 09, 10:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Question on Horton wings and 1952 Newsreel: Experimental Aircraft

I was watching a Nat Geo show on the Horton flying wing. Have there
been any experiment flying wings built? I found this:
http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/66267/detail/

Karl
Old November 18th 09, 10:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

schreef:
I was watching a Nat Geo show on the Horton flying wing. Have there
been any experiment flying wings built? I found this:
http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/66267/detail/

Karl

Depends on your definition od "experiment" (sic). Several of Mr. Fauvels
flying wing gliders never reached production so one could call them
experimental, I suppose.
Old November 18th 09, 11:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_7_]

wrote:
I was watching a Nat Geo show on the Horton flying wing. Have there
been any experiment flying wings built? I found this:
http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/66267/detail/

Karl

Well, the Easy Riser ultralight in its original form would be a (pair)
of flying wings

http://www.airventuremuseum.org/coll...sy%20Riser.asp

Scott
Old November 18th 09, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Brian Whatcott

wrote:
I was watching a Nat Geo show on the Horton flying wing. Have there
been any experiment flying wings built? I found this:
http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/66267/detail/

Karl

A fellow who sometimes posts here, designed and built a flying wing
successfully.
It was distinguished by using mostly flat panels.
There was a lot going for this "stealth like" design. The stress levels
were low - all the structure was reacting air loads locally....

Brian W
Old November 18th 09, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anyolmouse

wrote in message
I was watching a Nat Geo show on the Horton flying wing. Have there
been any experiment flying wings built? I found this:
http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/66267/detail/

Karl

Mitchell U-2 ?
http://www.century-of-flight.net/Avi...ng%20wings.htm
Scroll down the page to see it. If my memory is correct there was a
sailplane version too.

--
We have met the enemy and he is us-- Pogo

Anyolmouse

Old November 18th 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article
,
" wrote:

I was watching a Nat Geo show on the Horton flying wing. Have there
been any experiment flying wings built? I found this:
http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/66267/detail/

Karl

There have been quite a number of experimental, homebuilt flying wings:
1. The plank glider
2. Dyke Delta powered plane
3. Facetmobile

Go to eaa.org.

Old November 18th 09, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Hix[_2_]

http://www.century-of-flight.net/Avi...gs/later%20fly
ing%20wings.htm
Scroll down the page to see it. If my memory is correct there was a
sailplane version too.

Gilbert Davis DavisWing would be another.

http://members.cox.net/rebid/DavisWing.html

Rather attractive, and seemed to fly reasonably well.
Old November 18th 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Reggie

Flying Wings......... :^)

http://www.twitt.org/
Old November 19th 09, 10:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Nov 18, 12:00*am, "
wrote:
I was watching a Nat Geo show on the Horton flying wing. Have there
been any experiment flying wings built? I found this:http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/66267/detail/

Karl

Thanks for the info and links.
Karl