Bumper Miracle Slide

Old August 19th 19, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Watson

Default Bumper Miracle Slide

Anyone have one of Bumper's kits for the Cobra ramp they would be willing to part with? I tried to buy one from Wings and Wheels today and they said they are taking over the manufacturing and will be out of production for about two months.
Old August 19th 19, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Reid

I bought a kit recently from Cumulus Soaring.

Mike
Old August 19th 19, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

I've put the sliders on two cobra trailers. If you own a Cobra trailer, buy one of these kits. Amazing difference. German Engineering can accomplish a lot and Cobra trailers are true wonders but after adding this kit you'll just want to stand in the driveway all night and slide the ramp back and forth.
Old August 20th 19, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 6:59:17 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
...after adding this kit you'll just want to stand in the driveway all
night and slide the ramp back and forth.

But, you'll no longer be able to freak out all the neighborhood cats
with that special screeching from the ramp rails ;-(
Old August 20th 19, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 3:59:17 PM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
I've put the sliders on two cobra trailers. If you own a Cobra trailer, buy one of these kits. Amazing difference. German Engineering can accomplish a lot and Cobra trailers are true wonders but after adding this kit you'll just want to stand in the driveway all night and slide the ramp back and forth.

I've done two trailers, and believe one was the first outside of Bumper's immediate supervision. An excellent mod! As Tony implies, buy it NOW from whoever has stock.
Jim
Old August 20th 19, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 8:14:35 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 3:59:17 PM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
I've put the sliders on two cobra trailers. If you own a Cobra trailer, buy one of these kits. Amazing difference. German Engineering can accomplish a lot and Cobra trailers are true wonders but after adding this kit you'll just want to stand in the driveway all night and slide the ramp back and forth.

I've done two trailers, and believe one was the first outside of Bumper's immediate supervision. An excellent mod! As Tony implies, buy it NOW from whoever has stock.
Jim

What a great idea. Kinda tripping mentally over $15 for shipping though.....

T8
Old August 20th 19, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 6:34:30 AM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 8:14:35 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 3:59:17 PM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
I've put the sliders on two cobra trailers. If you own a Cobra trailer, buy one of these kits. Amazing difference. German Engineering can accomplish a lot and Cobra trailers are true wonders but after adding this kit you'll just want to stand in the driveway all night and slide the ramp back and forth.

I've done two trailers, and believe one was the first outside of Bumper's immediate supervision. An excellent mod! As Tony implies, buy it NOW from whoever has stock.
Jim

What a great idea. Kinda tripping mentally over $15 for shipping though.....

T8

It is so worth having, sometimes I just drive to airport, open trailer and slide/glide rail out to have someone run smooth in my life. Close trailer and head back to reality. It is like meditation.
Old August 20th 19, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 10:55:40 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
[...]

Nothing beats the bump-bump-bump-bump-bump sound of a mid 80s Komet trailer ramp being pulled out. That takes me back to student pilot days at HHSC every time I hear it (if I wasn't flying, I was helping someone rig or de-rig). The metal/metal screech of the Cobra I just bought won't do. Can't wait to fix it.

T8
Old August 22nd 19, 09:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Hogue

Yes, I have an unused kit. Contact me at julietsix at gmail dot com.

Cheers,
Jim
Old August 22nd 19, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

I hate to rain on the parade, but a squirt of Tri Flow Superior (bicycle chain lube also specified for certain rotor heads) does a pretty good job.

Sully Sullenberger - Miracle on the Hudson Stormin' Norman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 November 4th 18 02:12 PM
Bumper stickers Ramy[_2_] Soaring 19 July 15th 18 04:03 AM
Bumper yaw string [email protected] Soaring 25 December 3rd 15 10:42 PM
Miracle Flight Phone Spam David Lesher General Aviation 1 July 16th 08 06:39 PM
Miracle before D-Day ArtKramr Military Aviation 0 February 6th 04 03:17 PM