Dream Airplane poll

Old December 13th 04, 05:10 AM
Sbtypesetter

Dream airplane?

Plans for a thundergull 103 or someone to
make plans avilable for a Davis DA 8 with
full span flaps, retractable leading edges,
and spoilers for roll control.

Lleon has the fuselage. Just wish some-
one would buy it, and then make plans
from it. I'll be first in line to buy.

-Rick
Old December 14th 04, 04:19 PM
wingsnaprop

Glass Goose
http://www.glassgoose.com/
2 Place Amphib. You and ........

The Girl on the Beach
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GlassGoose/

Powered by Delta Hawk Diesel
http://www.deltahawkengines.com/
12 hr. endurance W/ reserve - 1300 MILES!!
Dayton to Key West for fuel then on to the countless Islands known as
the Bahamas!

Throw in a Chelton EFIS + Digital Auto Pilot for Safety
http://www.direct2avionics.com/

Goose Kit $30,000
Delta Hawk Engine $25,000
Misc Parts/Pieces $8,000
Chelton EFIS & A-Pilo $45,000
Sat Phone $3,000

Lying in a hammock between 2 palms on a deserted white sand beach after
scuba diving & spear-fishing under the full moon sipping a Rum spiked
fresh coconut thru a straw as the warm gentle ocean breezes gently
nudge your GlassGoose anchored in the cove as Your hot and mostly naked
girlfriend cooks the fresh seafood you just brought up over a fire in
front of the tent with an ocean view
( shew! ) PRICELESS

Old December 14th 04, 06:14 PM
Roger

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 01:35:26 -0500, Roger
wrote:

snip

In article . net,
UltraJohn ja
Barely started KR-2

either X-15,

drawbacks:
only a single-seater
_terrible_ handling characteristics
*damn* that "tow-plane" is expensive
XB-70

one sweet-looking plane, but
an excoriable safety record
and the hanger-expense is a killer.
or SR-71

world's fastest two-seater, but, d*mn,
the way she leaks fuel on the ground.
(there are GA planes that can fly for
an _hour_ or more, on what a BlackBird
on the ground leaks in one *minute*)

And that fuel cost more than the finest aged Whiskey.
Don't forget the upkeep and crew for the refueling plane as well.
They take off on minimum fuel, refuel and then go some where.

I think I'd like to have a fuel hungry Sukoi 37. I think that's the
designation. The one with vectored thrust.

But on a more pratical note the SAI 261?, or the latest model of the
F-33 Bo with a modern panel.

However, after thinking about it for only a short while... My dream
airplane is to get the G-III finished and flying.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old December 14th 04, 09:18 PM
Morgans

"wingsnaprop" wrote

Glass Goose

Powered by Delta Hawk Diesel
http://www.deltahawkengines.com/

So how's that Delta Hawk Diesel going? When are they saying it will be
ready for delivery?
--
Jim in NC

Old December 15th 04, 03:01 AM
wingsnaprop

Glass Goose
http://www.glassgoose.com/
2 Place Amphib. Just You and ........

The Girl on the Beach
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GlassGoose/

Powered by Delta Hawk Diesel
http://www.deltahawkengines.com/
12 hr. endurance W/ reserve - 1300 MILES!!
Dayton to Key West for fuel then on to the countless Islands known as
the Bahamas!

Throw in a Chelton EFIS W/ Digital Auto Pilot And Satelite Weather for
Safety-
http://www.direct2avionics.com/

Goose Kit $30,000
Delta Hawk Engine $25,000
Misc Parts/Pieces $8,000
Chelton EFIS & A-Pilot $45,000
Sat Phone $3,000

Lying in a hammock between 2 palms Under the full Moon on a deserted
white sand beach after scuba diving & spear-fishing sipping a Rum
spiked fresh coconut thru a straw as the warm ocean breezes gently
nudges your GlassGoose at anchor in the cove while Your String-Bikini
wearing girlfriend cooks the fresh seafood you just caught over a fire
in front of the tent with an ocean view ...
( Whew!) PRICELESS

Old December 15th 04, 04:29 AM
Morgans

"wingsnaprop" wrote

same old same old

I asked :

So how's that Delta Hawk Diesel going? When are they saying it will be
ready for delivery?

Is that a sore subject. I see from their own website, they will be ready
for experimentals in the forth quarter of '04. Not much time left. Oh,
what *century* was that?

I hope you have not given them money yet.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 15th 04, 05:50 PM
wingsnaprop

Not a sore subject at all .

I think they'll make it, you think they won't.

I know from personal expierence how incredibly difficult it is to get a
new product to market. I cannot fault them for trying. just the
opposite, I hope, and believe, they will succeed. I look forward to
using this product.

Maybe, fundementaly, there are two type of people in the world.

Those that commend someone for having the Hutzhpa to get off the couch
and try to build a better mouse-trap, wishing them all the sucess in
the world.

And those that talk ill, point fingers, and degradates the
entrepreneurs when it proves to be harder, and simply takes longer,
than expected.
Wingsnaprop

Old December 23rd 04, 12:31 AM
Denny

No plane right now, but I did own a Citabria in college and a Vultee
Vibrator after that.

I'd like to own a T-38, but the cost and fuel burn make it impossible.

I'd be interested in a homebuilt with two seats , retractible
conventional gear, and big enough to take a 350 Chevy with a reduction
drive and a ground adjustable three blade prop. I want an airplane not
radically smaller than the BT-13, although with 250-300 hp rather than
the original 450 it's going to have to be lighter. It has to be
aerobatic although not for competition and it should be as good an
instrument platform as a T-34.

Old December 23rd 04, 02:14 AM
Morgans

"Denny" wrote
..

I'd be interested in a homebuilt with two seats , retractible
conventional gear, and big enough to take a 350 Chevy with a reduction
drive and a ground adjustable three blade prop.

Sounds like a Lanceair. You will have to make do with 4 seats, though. g
--
Jim in NC

Old December 24th 04, 02:20 AM
john smith