An odd thing about CAD...

Old November 25th 05, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default An odd thing about CAD...

And we were talking about
CAD software instead of how many kangaroo hops there are in a nautical
mile :-)

-R.S.Hoover

Depends on whether it is a male or female ;-)

Old November 25th 05, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"karel" wrote in message
always believed america's a continent

Actually there are two America continents, North America and South America.
It is fairly common usage, among both native and foreign users of the term,
to refer to the United States of America as just, "America", however
incorrect the usage may be. Since we natives commonly speak of ourselves as
Americans, I suppose there is a certain level
of consistency in speaking of the nation as America. Ah, well.

HWB

Old November 25th 05, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Smitty Two wrote:
Do they have a Linux version ;-)

Or MAC?
KA

No and no. What a shame. An easy to use 2-D CAD program for the Mac is
all I want in my stocking this year. Well, and a good rivet bucking
partner.

Eh? No Mac version? What is:
http://www.turbocad.com/prodinfo.asp?t=1&mcid=321

Alas, there is no linux version. Qcad does run on linux, but I havn't
found it overly easy to use.

Sorry, no help on the bucking partner, either.
--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old November 25th 05, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article ,
Frank Stutzman wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
Do they have a Linux version ;-)

Or MAC?
KA

No and no. What a shame. An easy to use 2-D CAD program for the Mac is
all I want in my stocking this year. Well, and a good rivet bucking
partner.

Eh? No Mac version? What is:
http://www.turbocad.com/prodinfo.asp?t=1&mcid=321

Well, it isn't DeltaCAD, which I thought was our topic. And I'm not sure
that it qualifies as easy to use, but I'd welcome feedback on that score.
Old November 25th 05, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

What are you building Smitty Two? If your close by I'll help you with some
rivets.

Patrick
student SP
aircraft structural mech

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news

Old November 25th 05, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Nautical mile (was An odd thing about CAD...)

how many kangaroo hops there are in a nautical
mile :-)

Hi all,

Contrary to the statute mile, the nautical mile has nothing to do with
the Imperial system a few countries in the world are still using since
Colonial days ;-)

The nautical mile is based on the cicrcumference of the Earth. One NM
corresponds to a one minute angle along a big circle.
It is thus easy to relate distance to latitude and longitude coordinates.

That's why every nation in the world is (and will keep) using it for
navigation by air or sea.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France
Metric since day one

http://contrails.free.fr
Old November 25th 05, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Or MAC?

I use Claris DRAW, but have not tried it on any OS above 8.6.
Old November 25th 05, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Darrel Toepfer wrote:

karel wrote:

I use DeltaCAD, a simple 2D replacement for the traditional T-square
and triangles, to make patterns for parts, from a 56" rib to itty-bitty
things for home-made clocks, tiny steam engines and similar stuff. And

Do they have a Linux version ;-)

Or MAC?

Palm?

Actually in my searching today they did say DeltaCad will run using Wine
(Windows emulator under Linux) I haven't tried it I really don't like Wine.
John

Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance Owning 0 November 22nd 05 02:13 PM
A Sure Thing [email protected] Soaring 5 January 8th 05 12:16 AM
The Most Beautiful Thing Ever Grantland Military Aviation 37 October 28th 03 05:10 AM
Is a static port a precision thing? Larry Smith Home Built 8 August 12th 03 10:26 PM
SUV thing Fastglasair Home Built 4 July 12th 03 05:32 AM