AeroScooter

Old January 9th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

Default AeroScooter

In article , J.Kahn says...
Why wouldn't it auto rotate?... The blades are no different than a
gyrocopter's fixed blades and they autorotate...
I can confidently predict that like Moeller's Skycar they will still be
pitching it to "investors" for years to come... PT Barnum was a
genius..
The gyrocopter is always in a state of autorotation, that is the flow goes thru
the rotor from the bottom to the top.A helicopter goes from the top thru the
bottom .So in order to change flow direction and autorotate the pitch must be
changed . In a fix pitch design this cant be done .So in the event of an engine
failure the royor(s) will slow down and lose lift.

Chuck (ex Scheutzow Helicopter employee) S

But not before our ignorant media convinces a few people to buy them...

I'm sure if they advertize on ANN zoom would give it rave reviews and a puff
piece on how well it flys. That's what he has done before.

See ya

Chuck S

Old January 9th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Ron Natalie says...

Denny wrote:
Why wouldn't it auto rotate?... The blades are no different than a
gyrocopter's fixed blades and they autorotate...
I can confidently predict that like Moeller's Skycar they will still be
pitching it to "investors" for years to come... PT Barnum was a
genius..

There's no clutch on the blades to allow them to free spin in case
of the engine loss of power.

Right you need a clutch to disengage the engine and the ability to change pitch
elstwise your in a heap of do do :-)

Chuck S

Old January 9th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Denny" wrote)
I cringed because I expected to get blasted by the group, but so far
everyone has been kind...

We're still typing...

Montblack :-)

Old January 9th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Guess what? The EAA video from 2005 had essentially no homebuilt aircraft,
did not cover the awards, and the only rotorcraft covered was a brief shot
of the AirScooter. Now I can, with effort, understand how some TV people
could be ignorant of some of the details needed for successful helicopter
flight and even stretching further allow Popular Science magazine some
ignorance, but EAA too?

--
Stuart Fields
Experimental Helo magazine

www.vkss.com
www.experimentalhelo.com

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message
In article , Ron Natalie

says...

Old January 9th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
In article , Ron Natalie says...
Denny wrote:
Why wouldn't it auto rotate?... The blades are no different than a
gyrocopter's fixed blades and they autorotate...
I can confidently predict that like Moeller's Skycar they will still be
pitching it to "investors" for years to come... PT Barnum was a
genius..

There's no clutch on the blades to allow them to free spin in case
of the engine loss of power.

Right you need a clutch to disengage the engine and the ability to change pitch
elstwise your in a heap of do do :-)

Chuck S

Chuck, many readers of this NG aren't up on technical jargon like
"heap of do do." Please keep it simple, perhaps "deep kemsche" would be
better

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old January 9th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell

"Dan" wrote in message
ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
In article , Ron Natalie
says...
Denny wrote:
Why wouldn't it auto rotate?... The blades are no different than a
gyrocopter's fixed blades and they autorotate...
I can confidently predict that like Moeller's Skycar they will still be
pitching it to "investors" for years to come... PT Barnum was a
genius..

There's no clutch on the blades to allow them to free spin in case
of the engine loss of power.

Right you need a clutch to disengage the engine and the ability to change
pitch
elstwise your in a heap of do do :-)

Chuck S

Chuck, many readers of this NG aren't up on technical jargon like "heap
of do do." Please keep it simple, perhaps "deep kemsche" would be better

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Deep what????

Old January 9th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Natalie

Maxwell wrote:

Chuck, many readers of this NG aren't up on technical jargon like "heap
of do do." Please keep it simple, perhaps "deep kemsche" would be better

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Deep what????

Hi think he means Kimchi. Korean spicy pickled cabbage.
Old January 10th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Dan says...
Right you need a clutch to disengage the engine and the ability to change pitch

elstwise your in a heap of do do :-)

Chuck S

Chuck, many readers of this NG aren't up on technical jargon like
"heap of do do." Please keep it simple, perhaps "deep kemsche" would be
better

Only if they've been to Korea but I'll strive to be more diligent :-)

Chuck S

Old January 10th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
J.Kahn

Ron Natalie wrote:
Maxwell wrote:

Chuck, many readers of this NG aren't up on technical jargon like
"heap of do do." Please keep it simple, perhaps "deep kemsche" would
be better

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Deep what????

Hi think he means Kimchi. Korean spicy pickled cabbage.

So THAT'S what that stuff is. I love those Kimchi ramen noodle bowl meals.
Old January 10th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Harry K

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
[...]

Waiting on pins and needles for his flight test report. Exhilerating
loops, spins and rolls.

Harry K