Heath Parasol plans, 103 trimmable?

Old June 29th 07, 03:06 PM
Chris Wells Chris Wells is offline
Senior Member

Default Heath Parasol plans, 103 trimmable?

I visited Old Rheinbeck Aerodrome, and fell in love with the Heath Parasol hanging from the ceiling. The spec sheet says it weighs 260# empty, meaning a little trimming should bring it to 103 specs, if the stall speed is low enough. Are plans still available?

I understad the Pober Pixie is supposed to be an updated version, but it also seems to weigh a lot more. Can someone provide more info on this plane, and what is different from the Heath? Are Heath Parasol plans available anywhere?
Old June 30th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

--
Chris Wells

The very short answer is: "I doubt it, but don't know."

The slightly longer answer is that there was a brief coverage of the Heath
Parasol in one of the EAA publications a couple of years age--I think that
it was in Experimenter, which has since had a name change to Sport Pilot.
Very basically, the problem stated was that Mr Heath was small and slight,
about the size and weight of the Wright Bros, and designed the aircraft to
fit himself and others of similar size. IIRC, according to the publication,
it will only work for pilots in the range of 125 pounds or less. I also
think it is a really cool looking little aircraft; but, at 6'1" and nearly
200#, I couldn't fit in it and it couldn't carry me.

Peter

Old July 1st 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Jun 30, 6:12 am, "Peter Dohm" wrote:
[...]

Peter- Hide quoted text -

The plans for the Heath Super parasol are published in the EAA's
1929 Flying and Glider manual along with a bit of a construction
manual. The 1931 edition has a chapter on the Church Mid-wing
Monoplane it is a modification of the Heath. The reason I mention it
is that it has the Heath wing and the drawing is much more legible.
Some areas of these plans are very vague and they require updating for
safety, so they probably wouldn't be the best project for someone with
no previous aviation or engineering experience.

However, Ed Fisher has designed a light plane loosely based on the
Heath. It is a pretty cute little bird and I think most pilots would
fit into it. Ed has a shop in Sebring ,Fl Raceair designs Inc, phone #
863-655-0361 or his web site is www.raceairdesigns.com. I'm sure
that he would be more than happy to sell you a set of plans or a kit

Frank M. Hitlaw at my secret world Hq.

Long EZ plans, Mini IMP plans, F4U Corsair plans, materials, instruments for sale reader Home Built 1 January 26th 11 01:40 AM
Looking for a good set of parasol plans Mike Gaskins Home Built 11 January 24th 07 04:10 AM
Texas Parasol Plans... Richard Lamb Home Built 82 March 12th 06 07:19 AM
Heath Baby Bullet W P Dixon Home Built 1 August 18th 05 04:24 AM
Richard Lamb and the Texas Parasol Plans ...and Sirius Aviation Richard Lamb Home Built 12 August 9th 05 08:00 PM