EDS-O2D1Oxygen system

Old January 28th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default EDS-O2D1Oxygen system

Anyone have data for the EDS-O2D1 that specifies the acceptable range
of input pressure?
Anyone have experience of using this system with a Nelson regulator?

thanks

Andy

Old January 28th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]

Andy

1 bar (15 psig.) DYNAMIC (flowing) through cannula and 1.5 meters (5
ft.) of 4 mm. inlet tubing
2 bar (30 psig.) STATIC (non-flowing) 2.2 bar (35 psig) MAX.

Higher pressure will damage the EDS Unit. You will probably need a
HDW-1352 fitting for the outlet of your Nelson regulator, 1/8NPT to
SMC 4mm.

I will be offering a SSA convention discounts on Mountain High Oxygen
System for the SSA Convention.

See my web site in February for details. I can set your regulator
correctly if needed.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old January 28th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jan 28, 7:43 am, "Richard" wrote:
Andy

1 bar (15 psig.) DYNAMIC (flowing) through cannula and 1.5 meters (5
ft.) of 4 mm. inlet tubing
2 bar (30 psig.) STATIC (non-flowing) 2.2 bar (35 psig) MAX.

Thanks Richard,

I found those figures for the older unit on the MH website but could
not find a data sheet for the new model. Why such a big difference
between static and flowing? That looks like a poor regulator
characteristic. Can I assume that if I set my Nelson regulator to
25-30psi static I should be ok.

I'll be in Memphis this week but probably not for the week of the
convention. Please email me your special price and maybe one of the
AZ pilots could collect it for me.

Andy

Old January 28th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]

Andy,

The pressure requirements are the same on the new O2D1 units. I would
set your nelson to 30 psig static, but It is best to set the flowing
psig.

The details of the Special will be on my web and can be purchased on
my site or call. You don't need to be at the Convention.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

On Jan 28, 10:11 am, "Andy" wrote:
On Jan 28, 7:43 am, "Richard" wrote:

Andy

1 bar (15 psig.) DYNAMIC (flowing) through cannula and 1.5 meters (5
ft.) of 4 mm. inlet tubing
2 bar (30 psig.) STATIC (non-flowing) 2.2 bar (35 psig) MAX.Thanks Richard,