Hi People!

Old September 26th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chandglider

Default Hi People!

Hey there! I just joined this group and wanted to let everyone know.
Rc-gliders are my hobby and now I'd like to know how to get started
with real planes and flying.
Old September 26th 09, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

On Sep 25, 9:22*pm, chandglider wrote:
Hey there! I just joined this group and wanted to let everyone know.
Rc-gliders are my hobby and now I'd like to know how to get started
with real planes and flying.

The very best thing to do is find, and join, a glider club.

See http://ssa.org/sport/wheretofly.asp.

- John
Old September 26th 09, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

On Sep 25, 7:22*pm, chandglider wrote:
Hey there! I just joined this group and wanted to let everyone know.
Rc-gliders are my hobby and now I'd like to know how to get started
with real planes and flying.

Welcome! Like the man said, check out the SSA website, find a club
near you, and go see them. The SSA also offers the FAST (Fly A
Sailplane Today) package. It's on the right side of the main page.
Absolutely the best deal for getting an introduction to soaring!
However, it is NOT honored by EVERY glider operation, so check your
local glider operation first.

Old September 26th 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Sep 25, 8:22*pm, chandglider wrote:
Hey there! I just joined this group and wanted to let everyone know.
Rc-gliders are my hobby and now I'd like to know how to get started
with real planes and flying.

Your posting host indicates you are in Finland. If that's the case
look here

http://www.landings.com/_landings/pa...r-finland.html
Old September 27th 09, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chandglider

On 26 syys, 21:09, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Sep 25, 8:22*pm, chandglider wrote:

Hey there! I just joined this group and wanted to let everyone know.
Rc-gliders are my hobby and now I'd like to know how to get started
with real planes and flying.

Your posting host indicates you are in Finland. *If that's the case
look here

http://www.landings.com/_landings/pa...r-finland.html

Thanks! I found that there is club in my town and they are operating
70km away from my house. Funny, becouse I didin't even know that there
is smal airfield so near.
Old September 27th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 14:24:22 -0700, chandglider wrote:

Thanks! I found that there is club in my town and they are operating
70km away from my house. Funny, becouse I didin't even know that there
is smal airfield so near.

I think there are two reasons for this:

- lack of noise means that many, even aviation-aware people, simply
don't notice gliders flying past

- a glider field tends to be less welcoming to other activities when
its active. This isn't unfriendliness, but reflects the fact that
gliders fly non-standard circuits and approaches when conditions require
it. This means that its much harder to let another activity use part of
the field without affecting safety.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

"Airplanes don't kill people!, people kill people!" Laonork Owning 8 May 21st 12 05:56 AM
People... Jay Honeck Piloting 98 October 14th 07 08:01 PM
Some People Dale General Aviation 1 July 4th 05 06:33 PM
"Airplanes don't kill people!, people kill people!" Flyingmonk Piloting 11 May 17th 05 10:26 AM
C-182 and 5 people Chris Piloting 13 November 8th 04 03:41 AM