SSA contest decisions

Old April 15th 20, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SSA contest decisions

All FAI class Nationals postponed 'til '21.

Sanctions rescinded for regionals/GP if occuring before 6 July.

https://www.ssa.org/files/member/202...0-%20Final.pdf

Old April 15th 20, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I know this has been contentious so I'll get out early for the record and say, IMHO, that this is a good call. Thanks, Committee, for calling off the day in the morning when it's clear that we probably won't be able to fly these events and that even if we could, the risks would be unacceptable.

Chip Bearden
JB
Old April 15th 20, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I understand the rationale and support the decision, though I was hoping the Club Nats with only 7 ships would look reasonable.

Now, will the 50th year at Cordele go on unsanctioned!?
Old April 15th 20, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Now, will the 50th year at Cordele go on unsanctioned!?

Turnout might be light.
Old April 15th 20, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

“If you build it....they will come”. Sure may be a small turnout but we have had small contests before, nothing new. If I had a glass ship of any caliber I would attend. I am sure there are others who would make the trip with it being the only show in town.

The 1-26 Champs just got officially cancelled last night. Some of us are giving thought to hosting an “unofficial” 1-26 Championships just to provide a forum for folks to fly, socialize at a distance and compete. Even with a small turn out, it promises to be fun, safe and another chance to compete. Many of us are not getting any younger and would hate to miss a year. Few are left.
Dan
Old April 16th 20, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
M North

This announcement should have come from the Board of Directors. Do all SSA Committees have this much authority?
Old April 16th 20, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 8:40:55 AM UTC-4, M North wrote:
This announcement should have come from the Board of Directors. Do all SSA Committees have this much authority?

The authority for these actions is with the Contest Committee, as delegated by the SSA BOD. In the case of such a serious action, the Contest Committee communicates intent to the SSA Board Chair prior to acting. SSA BOD chair communicates with Excom or full BOD as she sees appropriate.
UH
Contest Committee Chair

Lets gripe about the SSA RC and their decisions so we don't FUBARother worthwhile threads.... Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Soaring 5 January 21st 16 01:22 AM
In retrospect, some examples of Good/Bad Go/No-Go decisions you've made son_of_flubber Soaring 3 November 4th 15 08:11 PM
IGC Plenary meeting in Rome - Decisions Ian Strachan Soaring 2 March 5th 08 08:30 PM
Oh decisions! W P Dixon Home Built 3 August 31st 05 06:22 AM
DECISIONS (US) [email protected] Soaring 7 January 16th 05 03:46 PM