Live Streaming Gliding this Summer

Old May 19th 20, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Monte Carbo

Default Live Streaming Gliding this Summer

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 8:09:56 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I can't make any promises due to my work schedule, but you should definitely contact Sundance Aviation in Moriarty

I just sent them an email. Thank you for the recommendation. They seem like a great group with a really neat program.

Longer rides would actually generally speaking be better for my needs just because I'll be wanting to fill time. The obvious issue though is that I would have to find a way to interact with the audience while you're in the air somehow... I would have to think about it a bit more. Also, if you're in New Mexico like Sundance Aviation then I plan on being there on June 14th which is a Sunday. Just in case that helps the work situation at all.

Either way, thank you again for the recommendation. I don't mean to intrude or force anything, but I'm really enjoying being in this community and would love to share your gliding with my audience. You guys are amazing and truly have a great skill. Thanks to everyone for the greetings, advice, and opportunities.
Old May 19th 20, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Szikora

Sounds like you want to be a Covid super spreader.
Old May 19th 20, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 9:16:43 AM UTC-6, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 12:20:30 AM UTC-4, Monte Carbo wrote:
The goal is to reach all 50 states in 50 days and I intend to live stream as much of the journey as possible.

Are you trolling RAS and hoping to whip up a storm?

The glider community is too small to be divided by politicized current events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzQDzV_A0XA
Old May 19th 20, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Monte Carbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzQDzV_A0XA

The only change from the video is the other Ethan part. He had to back out last minute, which might mean it's only me. What do you think, Frank?
Old May 19th 20, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Monte Carbo

Sounds like you want to be a Covid super spreader.

I certainly hope not haha! I'm going to be as careful as I can within the parameters of the trip, but I've been planning this adventure for a few years now and know that it's probably now or never. I really hope that things are on their way towards normality by June/July. It's definitely something I have to be mindful of though...
Old May 19th 20, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 5:20:53 PM UTC-6, Monte Carbo wrote:
Soaring is very weather dependent. Even if you could make it to every state in the allotted 50 days, you are bound to run into bad weather along the way, which would be a no-go. You would need to somehow plan that in to your trip.

Thanks for the response, John. For clarification, I don't intend to glide to/in all 50 states as my traveling will be done by road. My vision was to visit someone on this forum in the afternoon and to take either myself or just the camera up for a flight. You're definitely right about the weather consideration though. Would this be something that you would be interested in helping me with, weather permitting?

I would certainly be interested. However, I too only have a single seater. I live in MT in an area where I'm struggling to even get a tow pilot. There is only one other glider pilot that flies in my area with any kind of regularity, and he flies motor gliders. And he doesn't do social media. Then there is the issue of work schedule, as I don't work in the aviation industry, so my time to fly is limited. But, if everything lines up, I'd be happy to take a camera up in my glider, assuming I had a tow-pilot available as well. And if I had a two-seater, I'd be happy to take you up as well, for however long the weather cooperated, or my schedule allowed, or either of our bladders could handle.
Old May 19th 20, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Monte Carbo

I would certainly be interested. However, I too only have a single seater. I live in MT in an area where I'm struggling to even get a tow pilot.

That sounds absolutely amazing, John. I lived in Montana for 9 months up in Kalispell area and fell in love with the state. It has to be the most beautiful part of America; I can't imagine how neat it would be to fly a glider around there. Needless to say, I'm very jealous haha!

Montana will actually be one of the few states that I'll be spending two days in (July 21-22). If you don't mind, I'll send you another message when I get closer to see how you're doing and what your schedule/flight ability looks like. In the meantime, thanks for the consideration!
Old May 19th 20, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 8:45:49 AM UTC-6, Monte Carbo wrote:
I would certainly be interested. However, I too only have a single seater. I live in MT in an area where I'm struggling to even get a tow pilot.

That sounds absolutely amazing, John. I lived in Montana for 9 months up in Kalispell area and fell in love with the state. It has to be the most beautiful part of America; I can't imagine how neat it would be to fly a glider around there. Needless to say, I'm very jealous haha!

Montana will actually be one of the few states that I'll be spending two days in (July 21-22). If you don't mind, I'll send you another message when I get closer to see how you're doing and what your schedule/flight ability looks like. In the meantime, thanks for the consideration!

You're welcome. Here's to hoping everything lines up perfectly. I'm just south of Flathead lake in the Mission Valley.