SZD-56-2 Diana

Old February 1st 05, 11:56 AM
Michel Talon

iPilot wrote:
Do you want to say that polish gliders are low in quality and therefore have
to be cheap?

If this is the case, you're very much wrong. The same way, as Poland makes
gliders (hand made, decent quality control), a factory in my country makes
decent pianos. No-one is putting their quality under question. I actively
fly polish gliders (not Diana unfortunately) and I don't question their
quality of manufacturing. Do you?

Of course, not. I was simply pointing that there is a "snob factor" such that
rich people want to pay overpriced stuff because it is fashionable, period.
If you don't benefit from this effect you have to sell cheaper or you don't
sell. Take an example, the French glider Pegase was an excellent glider, very
comparable to the LS4. It was 30% cheaper than the LS4 still it was difficult
to sell, to say the least. I don't understand why you all take this
personnally like if i had said, Polish gliders are crap. The only thing i have
said, and i maintain, is that whatever the qualities of Polish gliders, people
will buy them if they are cheaper than German ones, not in the opposite case.

--

Michel TALON

Old February 1st 05, 01:03 PM
Pete Reinhart

".. No-one is putting their quality under question. I actively
fly polish gliders (not Diana unfortunately) and I don't question their
quality of manufacturing. Do you?

I agree,
I'm flying an open Jantar and it is evry bit as good as the previously owned
Nimbus 2, both are design and production contemporaries.
Plus...
It is easier to rig.
And...
For those who can appreciate elegant engineering solutions there are many
innovative ideas excellently executed.
Also...
The landing gear and tail boom are rugged as heck, nay as one other put
it,"agricultural (strength)". Unlike some others, the brake will put it on
it's nose any time you care to try.
Current prices on the used market are similar these days for these older
open class ships, and I have no idea how they were priced when new.
Fortunately for those who can value the experience they are a great bargain,
costing far less than new production of similar or even much less
performance.
Just my thoughts and the very humble opinion of one who's search for value
is not limited by "common knowledge".
Cheers!

Old February 1st 05, 01:04 PM
Jancsika

It's not only snob factor. German gliders proved performance,
reliability, easy handling etc-etc. So it's always a risk to choose
something else. To balance this risk manufacturer shall offer attractive
price. Same as Lak does...

/Jancsika

SZD-56-2 Diana Yurek Soaring 23 September 4th 08 07:31 PM
Odp: SZD 56-2 DIANA Yurek Soaring 4 January 31st 05 09:46 PM
Diana 2 designers are sure to reach 52:1 Janusz Kesik Soaring 12 January 21st 05 07:06 AM
Diana 2 has flown its maiden flight! Janusz Kesik Soaring 27 January 16th 05 04:45 AM