parachutes for szd pilots?

Old February 2nd 05, 11:16 PM
LAS

Default parachutes for szd pilots?

Can anyone who's about 5'9", 175 to 200 lbs and with a 30" inseam offer me
any guidance as to what make and model of chute might suit me in the Jantar
series? Headroom and getting closer to the instrument panel are, of course,
big issues in this series.

Old February 3rd 05, 12:19 AM

Get yourself Long Softie. They come in 2 flavors; 180 pound pilot and
240 pound pilot.

Old February 3rd 05, 12:26 AM
Mal.com

I try to use a slimpack or thinback
http://www.parachutesaustralia.com/s...emer_slmpk.php

http://www.avionics.com.au/mars.html

I am 6 feet 4 tall and 90 KGS

Plastic tubes off the instrument nobs and rope on the release handle will
add length or you can move the panel back but this reduces the visibility in
the forward area.

Put the chute on and try it in the glider.

Mal

Old February 3rd 05, 01:03 AM
Jack

In my Pik, I am forced back some and had some of the same problems.
I've got a Mini from Paraphernalia. It's about right for my setup. I
had to take the seatback out or have no headroom with the 'chute. I
have since rearranged cushions etc. and have the seatback in place. I
can get in and out easier and reach everything, now.

Jack Womack (AZ)