OLC Question

Old April 12th 20, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default OLC Question

Is it possible to do a bulk download of igc files?Â* I would like to
download my files for the past 4 years or so for a project.Â* If it is
possible, how is it done?
--
Dan, 5J
Old April 13th 20, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Sunday, April 12, 2020 at 1:54:13 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Is it possible to do a bulk download of igc files?Â* I would like to
download my files for the past 4 years or so for a project.Â* If it is
possible, how is it done?
--
Dan, 5J

That would be REALLY nice, but you can't do it. Worse, there is a daily limit on the number of flights you can download. I asked the OLC people once at the 2018 Reno convention and they just referenced some obscure European law (thank you, bureaucrats!).

Tom
Old April 13th 20, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 21:00:51 -0700, 2G wrote:

On Sunday, April 12, 2020 at 1:54:13 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Is it possible to do a bulk download of igc files?Â* I would like to
download my files for the past 4 years or so for a project.Â* If it is
possible, how is it done?

Have you asked them if they can zip up and mail all your logs to you?
That would be worth a try - after all its only your own flights you want
the logs for, so that can't break EU privacy rules. I don't use OLC, but
presumably they have your e-mail address on file and can check that
you're who you say you are.

For future reference: If you normally upload direct to OLC from your
logger, try immediately downloading the log you just submitted. Or just
make a local copy as you submit the flight to OLC.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old April 13th 20, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thanks, Guys.Â* I've got two or three years of logs on a USB stick. I
just wanted to delete and reload all of my logs from the Stemme to the
new Stemme Worldwide group on Skylines.aero.Â* As it turns out, I can do
a bulk upload, but I haven't found a way to do a bulk delete.Â* So far,
I've done it for 2020, but that's just a few flights.

I'll see if OLC will grant my wish.

Old April 13th 20, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Email sent to OLC.Â* We'll see if they reply and, if they do, what they
say about my request.

On 4/13/2020 9:43 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
Thanks, Guys.Â* I've got two or three years of logs on a USB stick. I
just wanted to delete and reload all of my logs from the Stemme to the
new Stemme Worldwide group on Skylines.aero.Â* As it turns out, I can
do a bulk upload, but I haven't found a way to do a bulk delete.Â* So
far, I've done it for 2020, but that's just a few flights.

I'll see if OLC will grant my wish.

On 4/13/2020 5:35 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 21:00:51 -0700, 2G wrote:

On Sunday, April 12, 2020 at 1:54:13 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Is it possible to do a bulk download of igc files?Â* I would like to
download my files for the past 4 years or so for a project. If it is

Old April 13th 20, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Muttley

Would the See You Cloud upload be any good to you??
Old April 13th 20, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I don't know what that is.Â* I have never used See You.Â* Would they have
my flight recordings?Â* And if so, why would they have them?

Old April 15th 20, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Muttley

Hi Dan
Regarding See You Flight Planning and Post Flight Analysis see
see wwww.Naviter.com
if you are using that Software they offer a free Cloud Space where you
can upload all your .igc files to have them all in one place and it also allows you to see and analyse your flights on any Computer which does not have the See You software installed. I have no association with Naviter.

Muttley
Old April 15th 20, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

they offer a free Cloud Space where you can upload all your .igc files

But that implies that Dan already HAS all of his IGC files, which he apparently does not, hence his query about getting them from OLC.
Old April 16th 20, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Muttley

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 4:01:07 PM UTC+1, wrote:
they offer a free Cloud Space where you can upload all your .igc files

But that implies that Dan already HAS all of his IGC files, which he apparently does not, hence his query about getting them from OLC.

Sorry i misunderstood, I was misled by where Dan said he had is flight logs on a USB stick (seems to be for 2020 only)