National Parachute for sale

Old May 10th 20, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars

Default National Parachute for sale

National Parachute Model#425B SN N4263, MFD: June 1998
Always kept in temperature and humidity controlled storage when not in use.
Last repacked date: 7/18/18
$375 + shipping
Old May 10th 20, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Joel Flamenbaum[_2_]

On Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 9:08:45 AM UTC-7, Vsoars wrote:
National Parachute Model#425B SN N4263, MFD: June 1998
Always kept in temperature and humidity controlled storage when not in use.
Last repacked date: 7/18/18
$375 + shipping

Recommended pilot weight on this model?

Old May 10th 20, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

212.5# I believe
Old May 11th 20, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars

The tag on the Parachute says 220 lbs
Old May 11th 20, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Will your rigger repack a 22 year old 'chute? Some will refuse, no matter what the prevailing opinion, regulations or manufacturer's standards say.
Old May 11th 20, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars

I have had no problems getting it re-packed by skydiver riggers. I can get it inspected and repacked for an additional $85
Old May 11th 20, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Whatcolorisyourparachute?

$375 + shipping

That's the cheapest I've ever seen for any parachute. Lots of people willing to sacrifice their "never used" 25-35 yr old 'chute for over $500. I don't want to get into a bidding war, but I'll offer you $525 for it if you can get my rigger to pack it (I'll cover the repack cost too). I also have a near-40 yr old Security 150 that I'll let go for $1,100 and I'll include the repack before shipping. Reason for low price is I've used it many, many times (never deployed it though).

Old May 12th 20, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars

On Monday, May 11, 2020 at 11:07:31 AM UTC-5, Whatcolorisyourparachute? wrote:
$375 + shipping

That's the cheapest I've ever seen for any parachute. Lots of people willing to sacrifice their "never used" 25-35 yr old 'chute for over $500. I don't want to get into a bidding war, but I'll offer you $525 for it if you can get my rigger to pack it (I'll cover the repack cost too). I also have a near-40 yr old Security 150 that I'll let go for $1,100 and I'll include the repack before shipping. Reason for low price is I've used it many, many times (never deployed it though).

There is a sky diving outfit close to Houston that repacks our chutes. They also inspect them during repack. If you want it repacked first then I will get them to repack it and add that to the $375. They have repacked it the last three or four times it's been repacked. I get you their number if you want to talk to them. (This parachute has not had much use since the owner has not done much cross country.)