A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

National Parachute for sale

Old May 10th 20, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars
external usenet poster

Default National Parachute for sale

National Parachute Model#425B SN N4263, MFD: June 1998
Always kept in temperature and humidity controlled storage when not in use.
Last repacked date: 7/18/18
$375 + shipping
Old May 10th 20, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Joel Flamenbaum[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 9:08:45 AM UTC-7, Vsoars wrote:
National Parachute Model#425B SN N4263, MFD: June 1998
Always kept in temperature and humidity controlled storage when not in use.
Last repacked date: 7/18/18
$375 + shipping

Recommended pilot weight on this model?

Old May 10th 20, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

212.5# I believe
Old May 11th 20, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars
external usenet poster

The tag on the Parachute says 220 lbs
Old May 11th 20, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Will your rigger repack a 22 year old 'chute? Some will refuse, no matter what the prevailing opinion, regulations or manufacturer's standards say.
Old May 11th 20, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars
external usenet poster

I have had no problems getting it re-packed by skydiver riggers. I can get it inspected and repacked for an additional $85
Old May 11th 20, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Whatcolorisyourparachute?
external usenet poster

$375 + shipping

That's the cheapest I've ever seen for any parachute. Lots of people willing to sacrifice their "never used" 25-35 yr old 'chute for over $500. I don't want to get into a bidding war, but I'll offer you $525 for it if you can get my rigger to pack it (I'll cover the repack cost too). I also have a near-40 yr old Security 150 that I'll let go for $1,100 and I'll include the repack before shipping. Reason for low price is I've used it many, many times (never deployed it though).

Old May 12th 20, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 11, 2020 at 11:07:31 AM UTC-5, Whatcolorisyourparachute? wrote:
$375 + shipping

That's the cheapest I've ever seen for any parachute. Lots of people willing to sacrifice their "never used" 25-35 yr old 'chute for over $500. I don't want to get into a bidding war, but I'll offer you $525 for it if you can get my rigger to pack it (I'll cover the repack cost too). I also have a near-40 yr old Security 150 that I'll let go for $1,100 and I'll include the repack before shipping. Reason for low price is I've used it many, many times (never deployed it though).

There is a sky diving outfit close to Houston that repacks our chutes. They also inspect them during repack. If you want it repacked first then I will get them to repack it and add that to the $375. They have repacked it the last three or four times it's been repacked. I get you their number if you want to talk to them. (This parachute has not had much use since the owner has not done much cross country.)
Old May 12th 20, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 11, 2020 at 11:07:31 AM UTC-5, Whatcolorisyourparachute? wrote:
$375 + shipping

There is a sky diving outfit close to Houston that repacks our chutes. They also inspect them during repack. If you want it repacked first then I will get them to repack it and add that to the $375. They have repacked it the last three or four times it's been repacked. I get you their number if you want to talk to them. (This parachute has not had much use since the owner has not done much cross country.)