A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Apps for recording and uploading to the OLC?

Old May 17th 20, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Apps for recording and uploading to the OLC?

I was using see you recorder app, but it no longer works. I am looking for a replacement. Does anyone have suggestions?

I’ve seen skylogger xxl, skyvario, iglide and sensbox. None of them have enough ratings to know which one is worthwhile purchasing.

If a anyone on this discussion has used any of the apps I’ve mentioned, or if you have other suggestions, I’d like to know.
Old May 17th 20, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 1:47:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I was using see you recorder app, but it no longer works. I am looking for a replacement. Does anyone have suggestions?

I’ve seen skylogger xxl, skyvario, iglide and sensbox. None of them have enough ratings to know which one is worthwhile purchasing.

If a anyone on this discussion has used any of the apps I’ve mentioned, or if you have other suggestions, I’d like to know.

I use the IGCdroid app for Android. It is free to try, and $10 (once) for full functionality. It serves more than one purpose. You can (optionally) have it send your flight log data to Glideport.aero in spurts while you fly, for real-time tracking. It needs a cellphone data connection (at least occasionally) to do that. It also records the flight internally, cellphone service not needed for that (can use a spare phone with no service plan at all). After you land the same app can (optionally) email that IGC file to email addresses you designate. It does not upload directly to OLC (AFAIK), but you can do that later, from the same phone (using a web browser app), of from any other device that can receive the IGC file via email. Thank you Alan Walls!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.ajw.igcdroid
Old May 18th 20, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jackson maddux
external usenet poster

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 1:55:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 1:47:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I use the IGCdroid app for Android. It is free to try, and $10 (once) for full functionality. It serves more than one purpose. You can (optionally) have it send your flight log data to Glideport.aero in spurts while you fly, for real-time tracking. It needs a cellphone data connection (at least occasionally) to do that. It also records the flight internally, cellphone service not needed for that (can use a spare phone with no service plan at all). After you land the same app can (optionally) email that IGC file to email addresses you designate. It does not upload directly to OLC (AFAIK), but you can do that later, from the same phone (using a web browser app), of from any other device that can receive the IGC file via email. Thank you Alan Walls!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.ajw.igcdroid

That looks nice, but I have an iphone. I am looking for iphone related products since everything else i own is inside the apple universe.
Old May 19th 20, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 11:47:08 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Iglide push button upload to OLC on iphone
Old May 19th 20, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 11:47:08 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Iglide for iphone ,push button upload to olc once your flight is done , its my main flight computer also. You will need to pay for OLC upload feature, worth it in my opinion