FSCOF 2d panels gone

Old July 29th 03, 12:01 PM
Mongo

Default FSCOF 2d panels gone

I'm using a GeForce FX 5200 video card, and have already installed the 44.67
NVidia drivers, but still have no panels... just a black rectangle.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.
Mongo

Old July 29th 03, 04:13 PM
Katy

I'm using a GeForce FX 5200 video card, and have already installed the 44.67
NVidia drivers, but still have no panels... just a black rectangle.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.
Mongo

Try the 45.20 from www.guru3d.com if the 44.67 didn't help, let us
know if the latest beta correct the problem or not please...

---
All the Best
Katy Pluta, MS-MVP for Flight Simulator

Please post response to the newsgroup for the benefit of others
How to post messages to the newsgroups: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Using Microsoft newgroups: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx
Old July 29th 03, 10:34 PM
Don Nash

"Mongo" wrote in message
I'm using a GeForce FX 5200 video card, and have already installed the

44.67
NVidia drivers, but still have no panels... just a black rectangle.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.
Mongo

Just installed the nvidia 44.67 drivers and got my 2D panel back, at the
cost of my sound quality. Looking at the size of the 45.20 driver package,
I'm hesitant to install them. The Nvidia Detonator package is up to about
20mb, while the 45.20 driver package is only 8mb. Has anyone actually tried
these drivers yet?

Old July 30th 03, 12:07 AM
Katy

Just installed the nvidia 44.67 drivers and got my 2D panel back, at the
cost of my sound quality. Looking at the size of the 45.20 driver package,
I'm hesitant to install them. The Nvidia Detonator package is up to about
20mb, while the 45.20 driver package is only 8mb. Has anyone actually tried
these drivers yet?

I'm using them without problem, a bit less performance but better
image quality. If you saw that size file on guru3d it is because they
use a new program to compress that driver and it's not
self-executable, they have been rock solid for me.

The problem with FS2004 and earlier drivers is a lack of information
on the newer FX cards in the devices.cfg, NVIDIA corrected it...

---
Best
Katy Pluta
Old July 31st 03, 03:46 AM
Katy

how can I install the 45.20 drivers? Uzipped into a directory, but no setup
file and when I try to search for drivers in this directory it tells me
there is no driver information in the directory.

Am starting to regret buying this program..

There is a text file that explains how to install them...

---
Best
Katy Pluta
Old August 1st 03, 12:45 PM
Mongo

"Katy" wrote in message
how can I install the 45.20 drivers? There is a text file that explains

how to install them...

---
Best
Katy Pluta

The text instructions don't match what comes up... the computer can't find
an .inf file... I just rolled back to the 43.? version of the drivers and
now have panels... I'm done with it for now.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Mongo

Old August 1st 03, 06:50 PM
Katy

The text instructions don't match what comes up... the computer can't find
an .inf file... I just rolled back to the 43.? version of the drivers and
now have panels... I'm done with it for now.

Do not let Windows look for the file, do choose the location manually,
do you see the inf file in the folder via explorer?

---
Best
Katy Pluta
Old August 2nd 03, 05:01 AM
Mongo

Do not let Windows look for the file, do choose the location manually,
do you see the inf file in the folder via explorer?

---
Best
Katy Pluta

I can't find an .inf file... I see many files followed by 2 letters and a _
extension... tells me it's still compressed somehow... like I said, I rolled
back to my previous drivers and it's working now... I'm happy... thanks for
trying though...

Old August 2nd 03, 05:38 PM
Katy

I can't find an .inf file... I see many files followed by 2 letters and a _
extension... tells me it's still compressed somehow... like I said, I rolled
back to my previous drivers and it's working now... I'm happy... thanks for
trying though...

Must have been a problem with the archive, there is an nv4_disp.inf
file among the others...

---
Best
Katy Pluta
Old August 2nd 03, 11:08 PM
Katy

Thanks to continued persistence, I finally have FS9 working properly on my FX5200
Ultra video card!

The 45.20 drivers did the trick, and I'm now loathe to make any further
experiments, as I can now get back to work on updating my commercial and freeware
a/c for FS9!

I'm pleased to report that not only is the windowed mode working properly, I can
now move sub-panels to the 2nd & 3rd monitors while in windowed mode, and switch
to full-screen mode without losing my opened windows on monitors 2 and 3!!!
Yippee!

Thanks and kudos to Katy and others who've shared their experiences!

Good to hear Bill, and you're gladly welcome :-)

The 45.20 also allow multiple-monitor spanning again, I hope to see
future drivers simply allow the undocking of windows directly from
full-screen mode...

---
FS2004 FAQ at www.simflight.com