What DAY is it ?

Old November 2nd 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default What DAY is it ?

Not joking. Help me out here.

-Bob Hoover
Old November 2nd 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Roger.

Thank you
Old November 2nd 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

(via ham radio :-)
Old November 2nd 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

wrote in message
(via ham radio :-)

Hang in the Chief!!

Wayne
W7ADK

Old November 2nd 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Nov 2, 6:46*am, Scott wrote:
Youp, yup

-Bob
-KA6HZF

-and get that luk offen yer face, it's a General tickit. Why?
Because I usta teach a lotta kids and I alwyas thought it was kinds
finka to stand up there, like preaching to the darkies. I wrote some
well-accepted (and widly used) software for the Commador computer that
produce tests, practice runs and that sorta things that were WIDELY
used by other Elmers.. ...along with some properly spaced CW learning
software. No price tags on them neither, although the prirated copies
went for up to $20 per cassette.

If you can track them down, you'll find several of my construction
articles in CPM an' other magazines.

I still work QRP on 20 now & then. But only on my home-brewed stuff.
Not very selective.

-RSH
Old November 2nd 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tech Support

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 06:35:33 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

(via ham radio :-)

Hope things work out.

Had small spots on lips that were excised ok.

Big John
KR5K-Trustee three repeaters

Old November 6th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 07:57:08 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Nov 2, 6:46*am, Scott wrote:
Youp, yup

-Bob
-KA6HZF

I'm finally back to climbing
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/Tower29.htm
after learning how to walk again and lots of Physical Therapy.
That photo was 7 years ago and about 20 to 30 pounds lighter.
The tower project is http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/tower.htm
I'm in the midst of replacing coax, and repairing antennas. The 144
and 440 arrays on that cross boom at 130 feet look like a Blue Gill
fly-rod that just tied into a Bass on a windy day. For them to still
be holding together means they must be sturdy. Problem is, when
everything hurts it's difficult to get up the drive to climb towers or
go fly airplanes. I may have to take a hammer out to the airport just
to get the pistons to move in the poor old Deb. OTOH it's getting very
close to major time anyway.

-and get that luk offen yer face, it's a General tickit. Why?

My code speed went a bit higher than that, probably because I spent so
much time down in the basement for peace and quiet. :-)) My first
wife hated to go down there. I'd stretch out on the couch and leave
the radio on a QSO just a bit faster than I could copy. Joyce (My
wife of over 24 years) is also a Ham (N8JBW), General Class.

Because I usta teach a lotta kids and I alwyas thought it was kinds
finka to stand up there, like preaching to the darkies. I wrote some
well-accepted (and widly used) software for the Commador computer that

That those new fangled, modern computers for yah. My Ohio Scientific
C28P with the model 28 Teletype for a printer was already getting old
by then:-)) Ah, but the smell of oil, the sound of a threshing
machine, the muscles you build from moving the thing. It was just like
being back on the farm.

I taught a Ham class at the Alma Public Schools in adult ed one winter
(80 or 81). IIRC I had 23 students in that class. Most, if not all
earned their licenses.

produce tests, practice runs and that sorta things that were WIDELY
used by other Elmers.. ...along with some properly spaced CW learning
software. No price tags on them neither, although the prirated copies
went for up to $20 per cassette.

If you can track them down, you'll find several of my construction
articles in CPM an' other magazines.

Man, but you are OLD! :-))

I still work QRP on 20 now & then. But only on my home-brewed stuff.
Not very selective.

My QRP rig is a Hallicrafters SX101A and HT-32 although I could put an
HT-33B on behind it. Considering the price of the tube for the 33 it
mostly sets there, looks pretty and keeps any one from running off
with my desk. Those were made when rigs had substance. I think the
receiver weighs 70 some pounds, the transmitter around 90, and the amp
(HT-33B) is 113#.

-RSH

73

Roger (K8RI - Wonder if I'll ever get the G-III finished)
Roger (K8RI) ARRL Life Member
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com