How much for a medical in your area?

Old July 12th 04, 12:01 AM
Chris Ehlbeck

In 2002 I paid $130.00 for a Class 3 in Woodstock, GA! I think I was billed
for a first class though. The receptionist kept asking "1st class FAA
physical?" and I kept correcting her. The doctor even asked the same thing.
I did end up with a 3rd class. I wonder if being in Atlanta, the home of
Delta would have something to do with the cost?
--
Chris Ehlbeck, PPASEL
"It's a license to learn and buy really expensive hamburgers."

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message
(Dr Greg) writes:

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Greg Houston wrote:

What are Class III and Class II medicals going for in you area, for
example metro Boston or metro Philadelphia?

My last one was $65 in Red Bank, NJ.

George Patterson
In Idaho, tossing a rattlesnake into a crowded room is felony

assault.
In Tennessee, it's evangelism.

I charge $75 for Class II and III in St. Cloud MN

I paid $75 for a class III in Palo Alto in September 2002 (Dr. Fred

Costales).

-jav

Old July 13th 04, 06:24 PM
Vassilii Khachaturov

$0 because it was sent to me from the Oklahoma City.
(There was some childhood-times suspicion of a heart-related
condition back in Russia which was never confirmed by
later (w/modern equipment) tests in other countries I've
been since. I was stupid enough to mention this on my initial
application, and the AME near the Princeton Airport
decided to pass the buck. So I never was asked to pay him,
and instead had to wait something like 4 extra months before
I finally got the paperwork sorted out so I could solo!
Of course, I was found perfectly O.K. wrt my heart...)
If he had decided to go ahead and write me a IIIrd class on
the spot, I would have had to pay $60 - that was in April 2001.
I would have gladly paid the $600 on the spot if I could have
it immediately.
Old July 14th 04, 03:45 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Vassilii Khachaturov wrote:

I was stupid enough to mention this on my initial
application, and the AME near the Princeton Airport
decided to pass the buck.

The AME did not "decide to pass the buck." With a mention of possible heart problems,
the AME has no choice. That gets deferred to OK City or the AME won't be an AME much
longer.