Where to stay at OshKosh?

Old April 21st 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Where to stay at OshKosh?

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Yes, I wouldn't want to commute from THAT far away. I was mainly
pointing out that the "camping experience" isn't for everyone and, to
me, wasn't the real experience of OSH. It was the flying, the
airplanes and talking to the pilots. Camping is not needed for any
of this.

Agreed. And it's not the camping, per se, that makes the OSH
experience -- it's the staying *on the field* so that you're *in* the
show. If I could figure out how to do that without camping (by
staying in, say, one of those million-dollar motor homes?), that would
be every bit as good...

;-)

Good God

Bertie
Old April 22nd 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:QtSOj.109967$Ft5.82948
@newsfe15.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Nominate your favourite B&B in the Oshkosh area. This is our first
trip.

Skip the B&B and stay in the North 40. Sorry, but camping with your
plane is the only way to really experience OSH.

Barf

Bertie

How would you know, you've never been there. You're much lamer than

MX.

Oh no! What you gonna do next? Call me a number?

Hey that's right, you never did figure out the number game, did you super
troll?

Old April 22nd 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose,alt.flame
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:QtSOj.109967$Ft5.82948
@newsfe15.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Nominate your favourite B&B in the Oshkosh area. This is our
first trip.

Skip the B&B and stay in the North 40. Sorry, but camping with
your plane is the only way to really experience OSH.

Barf

Bertie

How would you know, you've never been there. You're much lamer than

MX.

Oh no! What you gonna do next? Call me a number?

Hey that's right, you never did figure out the number game, did you
super troll?

Actually, I did.

Bertie

Old April 22nd 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru,alt.disasters.aviation.alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:bB9Pj.57897$QC.48338
@newsfe20.lga:

[...]

You really have no idea, do you?

Never mind, you will.

Bertie

Old April 22nd 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru,alt.disasters.aviation.alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Awww Maxie, what's the obsesson with Putzes?

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:7N9Pj.57904$QC.2581
@newsfe20.lga:

[...]

Oh no! The fjukkwit thinks I'm a putz!

Should I be worried?

Bertie
Old April 22nd 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison

Hey Jim, you going by air or 0 AGL IFR this year? I'm likely going via
aluminum tube in order to keep costs down. Not as much fun but beats
not going.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old April 27th 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

From: "Marc CYBW"

OK folks.

Nominate your favourite B&B in the Oshkosh area. This is our first trip.
--
Thanks,

Marc
CYBW

At this point, you'd be lucky to find a parking spot in a rest area to spend the
night.
Call a hotel in the area and tell them you want a room during "Oshkosh". The
first question they'll ask is "What year?".
My wife and I decided to attend, around this time of the year, once. Closest room
we could find was about an hour away, outside of Ripon. A real ******** that we,
not so affectionately, named "The Bates Motel" because the owner's creepy, 35 yo,
son seemed to like to stand outside our window in the morning. We never got a
good night's sleep there as we'd wake up to every sound (Usually just the mold in
the bathroom...snoring).

Of all the options I would rank them:

Stay in Vintage Camping (must purchase classic aircraft first)
Stay in either North 40 or Camp Scholler
Scholler is closer to Vintage Flight line, North 40 to Warbirds.
Scholler can take tents or campers including a 24 hour generator area
(you can have your A/C running all night)
Local Hotels (probably close to impossible to get at this point)
Local homes (can usually find a last minute place)
UW dorms (can usually find a last minute place)
Farther out hotels/B&Bs

I prefer Vintage Camping myself, I know someone who flies into Green Bay
and stays there and he likes that better. I will say there are some
experiences you will never see if you don't stay on the field and
walking the flight line at dusk is phenominal (if you are wearing bug
spray).

Margy
Old April 28th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Dow (Remove CAPS in address)

I've seen a lot of the chain hotels pull their rooms off of the national
reservation systems for that week. They wouldn't want someone making
an online reservation for $50/night for that week.

Wally the Squirrel wrote:
There are lots of rooms available an hour or less away. All the major
chains have online accomodation checks that will let you specify a location
and range you're willing to travel.

"Kirk Ellis" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:21:16 GMT, "Marc CYBW"
wrote:

OK folks.

Nominate your favourite B&B in the Oshkosh area. This is our first trip.

Would all of the hotels in the northen 'burbs of Milwaukee be booked
by now?

After visiting SNF last weekend I was wondering if it was too late to
find a hotel for a trip to OSH this year.

A 1.5 hour or so drive wouldn't be too bad. It took me 3.5 one way for
the drive to SNF.

Kirk
PPL-ASEL

Stay in, or get out? Dan G Soaring 45 September 14th 07 12:35 AM
70 kg 31:1 glider is here to stay? Andre Volant Soaring 57 November 27th 04 11:21 AM
How Aircraft Stay In The Air Sarah Hotdesking Military Aviation 145 March 25th 04 05:13 PM
The Bud Light logo will stay Cub Driver Military Aviation 8 November 24th 03 01:08 AM
The Bud Light logo will stay Cub Driver Piloting 7 November 24th 03 01:08 AM