Watch out for the FBI . . .

Old June 22nd 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich S.[_1_]

Default Watch out for the FBI . . .

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

or

http://tinyurl.com/2oyjn5

Rich S.

Old June 22nd 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

Rich S. wrote:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

or

http://tinyurl.com/2oyjn5

Rich S.

I could have sworn that at some point over the last 20 something years that
I read that aircraft have the right-of-way on airport grounds. This may have
been a particular airport's rules but considering how much easier it is to
stop a car or truck it would make good sense.

Old June 22nd 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Blueskies

"Rich S." wrote in message ...
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

or

http://tinyurl.com/2oyjn5

Rich S.

Amazing...No pilot in command!

"Two FBI agents, ... , were co-piloting the plane"

;-)

Old June 22nd 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Blueskies" wrote:

"Rich S." wrote in message
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...blamborghini22.
html?syndication=rss

or

http://tinyurl.com/2oyjn5

Rich S.

Amazing...No pilot in command!

"Two FBI agents, ... , were co-piloting the plane"

;-)

I agree that the car driver should be held at fault. Where I live, we
some common roadway/taxiways, on which signs advise "Aircraft have
Right-of-way." Even so, I have, on several occasions, had to stop to
avoid colliding with some dimwit in a car violating the rule.

It sounds as if Mr. Treit thought that the rules apply to everyone but
himself.
Old June 22nd 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich S.[_1_]

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news

I agree that the car driver should be held at fault. Where I live, we
some common roadway/taxiways, on which signs advise "Aircraft have
Right-of-way." Even so, I have, on several occasions, had to stop to
avoid colliding with some dimwit in a car violating the rule.

It sounds as if Mr. Treit thought that the rules apply to everyone but
himself.

We'll have to wait for "The Rest of the Story". I wonder if the agents shot
a hole in the Lamborghini's radiator to put it out of it's misery. Nahh. A 9
mm wouldn't do the job.

Rich S.

Old June 22nd 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Blueskies wrote:
"Rich S." wrote in message ...
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

or

http://tinyurl.com/2oyjn5

Rich S.

Amazing...No pilot in command!

"Two FBI agents, ... , were co-piloting the plane"

;-)

They were REAL close

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old June 22nd 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Rich S. wrote:

We'll have to wait for "The Rest of the Story". I wonder if the agents shot
a hole in the Lamborghini's radiator to put it out of it's misery. Nahh. A 9
mm wouldn't do the job.

Rich S.

The FBI uses .40 S&W but it's still a bit on the wimpy side when
compared to a .357 Magnum. ;o)

I'm willing to bet there is more to the story or the guy is ****ed that
his insurance didn't pay and he's trying to get somebody else to cover
his screwup.

Tony
Old June 22nd 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Matt Whiting

Anthony W wrote:
Rich S. wrote:

We'll have to wait for "The Rest of the Story". I wonder if the agents
shot a hole in the Lamborghini's radiator to put it out of it's
misery. Nahh. A 9 mm wouldn't do the job.

Rich S.

The FBI uses .40 S&W but it's still a bit on the wimpy side when
compared to a .357 Magnum. ;o)

Which is a bit on the wimpy side compared to my .44 Magnum. :-)

Matt
Old June 22nd 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Kimmel

Rich S. wrote:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

or

http://tinyurl.com/2oyjn5

Rich S.

The company I worked for at the time, Metal Innovations, repaired the
FBI airplane.

--
John Kimmel

I think it will be quiet around here now. So long.
Old June 23rd 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2007-06-22 09:03:37 -0700, "Rich S."
said:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

or

http://tinyurl.com/2oyjn5

Rich

S.

I suppose the proper response would be for the government to sue the
owner of the Lamborghini. You drop your lawsuit, and I'll drop mine...
It has worked for me in the past.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Watch 60 Minutes on Nov 6th Roger Worden Soaring 2 October 22nd 05 03:09 PM
Looking for a watch... Darrel Toepfer Rotorcraft 1 November 8th 04 09:42 PM
TSA on the watch Roger Long Piloting 23 October 20th 04 01:46 AM
Watch Out!!!!! Jerry Wass Home Built 1 August 3rd 03 05:38 AM