We can all agree -- THIS is a great aviation video...

Old July 5th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default We can all agree -- THIS is a great aviation video...

I love reading and posting in this group, but we need some of this time
to time...Now THIS is a great aviation video:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...BY_fishing.wmv

Not only is it hilarious, it's the best video of a PBY Catalina I've
seen, too!

Many thanks to John O. for sending it in...
--
Sammie

Old July 6th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

wrote in message
ups.com...
I love reading and posting in this group, but we need some of this time
to time...Now THIS is a great aviation video:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...BY_fishing.wmv

Not only is it hilarious, it's the best video of a PBY Catalina I've
seen, too!

It's the only part of the movie "Always" that was any good; ie, the part
featuring the airplane and no dialogue.

Old July 6th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

I guess when you're making a movie, violation of the FAA and
USCG laws are OK?

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

"gatt" wrote in message

ups.com...

Old July 6th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flyingmonk[_1_]

I guess when you're making a movie, violation of the FAA and
USCG laws are OK?

Sure, why not? Some movie violate trafic laws, criminal laws... Some
even violate the law of PHYSICS.

Afew years back my wife and I were eating at a restaurant in
Georgetown, DC when we came out, the streets were closed and a car with
a couple of terrorists in were parked on the side of the street nea the
door to the restaurant. These guys had lights lighting up their faces
mounted under the dashboard. Strange I thought, then we saw the
Terminator walking across the street holding a gun repeatedly. We then
asked what movie are they shooting? It was the movie "True Lies" with
the sexy Jamie Lee Curtis.

Monk

Old July 6th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
ups.com...

I guess when you're making a movie, violation of the FAA and
USCG laws are OK?

How is it a violation?

-c

Old July 7th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

§ 91.13 Careless or reckless operation.
(a) Aircraft operations for the purpose of air navigation.
No person may operate an aircraft in a careless or reckless
manner so as to endanger the life or property of another.

(b) Aircraft operations other than for the purpose of air
navigation. No person may operate an aircraft, other than
for the purpose of air navigation, on any part of the
surface of an airport used by aircraft for air commerce
(including areas used by those aircraft for receiving or
discharging persons or cargo), in a careless or reckless
manner so as to endanger the life or property of another.

§ 91.115 Right-of-way rules: Water operations.
(a) General. Each person operating an aircraft on the water
shall, insofar as possible, keep clear of all vessels and
avoid impeding their navigation, and shall give way to any
vessel or other aircraft that is given the right-of-way by
any rule of this section.

(b) Crossing. When aircraft, or an aircraft and a vessel,
are on crossing courses, the aircraft or vessel to the
other's right has the right-of-way.

(c) Approaching head-on. When aircraft, or an aircraft and a
vessel, are approaching head-on, or nearly so, each shall
alter its course to the right to keep well clear.

(d) Overtaking. Each aircraft or vessel that is being
overtaken has the right-of-way, and the one overtaking shall
alter course to keep well clear.

(e) Special circumstances. When aircraft, or an aircraft and
a vessel, approach so as to involve risk of collision, each
aircraft or vessel shall proceed with careful regard to
existing circumstances, including the limitations of the
respective craft.

§ 91.119 Minimum safe altitudes: General.
Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may
operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:

(a) Anywhere. An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails,
an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or
property on the surface.

(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city,
town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of
persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest
obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the
aircraft.

(c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet
above the surface, except over open water or sparsely
populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be
operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel,
vehicle, or structure.

(d) Helicopters. Helicopters may be operated at less than
the minimums prescribed in paragraph (b) or (c) of this
section if the operation is conducted without hazard to
persons or property on the surface. In addition, each person
operating a helicopter shall comply with any routes or
altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the
Administrator.

Note that just because you are taking off, you still must
comply with the regulations. Read this again...

Old July 6th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

I guess when you're making a movie, violation of the FAA and
USCG laws are OK?

Ever heard of a waiver?

Old July 7th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Yes, but I didn't see a waiver. Do you know whether there
was a waiver? The point I was making is that we shouldn't
be laughing at fat people being thrown from horses, kids on
skate boards crushing their jewels or pilots making an
unsafe take-off.

. ..

Old July 6th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 13:17:58 -0700, Flyingmonk wrote:

holding a gun repeatedly

How does one hold a gun repeatedly?

And that's "Governator", if you please.

Laugh

- Andrew

Old July 7th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flyingmonk[_1_]

Andrew Gideon wrote:
On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 13:17:58 -0700, Flyingmonk wrote:

holding a gun repeatedly

How does one hold a gun repeatedly?

And that's "Governator", if you please.

Laugh

- Andrew

:-)

I'm surprised that that was the only typo and/or spelling and grammar
mistake that caught your eyes. I saw at least thee. g

Monk