Headset/phone interface

Old October 25th 03, 01:47 AM

Default Headset/phone interface

Hello.

I'm looking for a schematic or kit that will enable me to build a device for
interfacing my mobile phone (Nokia 6310i) with my aviation headset (David
Clark H10-13S). Something like this

http//www.flightcell.co.uk/index.htm

Has anyone such a schematic, or a reference to a commercial kit?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Dave
Old October 25th 03, 07:28 AM
Gerry MacDonald

One way is to use the hands free kit for your phone and install connectors
on to the mic and speaker lines. Then plug theses into a spare intercon
station of your plane. With a little adjustment of the levels it works fine.
I have done this with a couple of old Motorola 650e models which you can
pick up for pennies.

One thing to watch for on the commericial units, they may not mute the
local mic in the phone, and you will be picking up all the cabin noise. Also
many do not have any audio gain, and the phone level will be very low into
your headset.
After trying a couple of theses I decided to build my own which works great.

Good luck
Gerry

Old November 1st 03, 10:04 AM

Gerry,

Thanks for that. When you say, "adjustment of levels," where would that take
place? If I just snip the microphone and earphone off of a handsfree kit,
and solder on RCA plugs for a backseat headset station, where would I adjust
levels?

Thanks.

Best,
Dave