Today in Oshkosh (0/2)

Old July 29th 07, 01:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default Today in Oshkosh (0/2)

Got hundreds of great pix today, with at least a hundred worth
posting. Thank goodness for yEnc, I'll be able to put them up rather
quickly since my yEnc pictures don't use up much server space (I
won't post any more in terms of lines than I've seen posted in batches
by those whose pictures do use up more space).

I'm putting up two samples, and since I'm using Agent, I could easily
put them up UU rather than yEnc. But I'm putting them up yEnc'ed,
becaused I'm tired of all the rude comments from the anti-yEnc
cultists. They can ask their mommies to help them if they really want
to see them; I'm not doing one damn thing for them any more.

For the sighted people in this group, the first picture shows a P38,
an F86, and an F22 in a "memorial" flight. The second shows 3 B25s, A
B17, and a B24 coming toward the camera, with a cloud backdrop that
proves Mother Nature was trying to atone for the crap she put up there
the last two days. Today was FANTASTIC!
Old July 29th 07, 02:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Terry M[_3_]

Oh and you think your comments are not rude as well??? Anti yenc are
cultists???? You are the one who sounds like you need to kewl it. I can
read yenc just fine if I care to but your type of comments just add gasoline
to the fire. Your user name of "Just Plain (sic) Noise" is appropriate. I
won't even post in this group anymore because of people like you. A friend
of mine asked for a little help in here and was treated like crap. I
thought we all had a common interest in aviation but apparently the main
interest of some people is to stir the pot, so to speak. Now that I've
stirred the pot a bit also, I'll STFU.

Old July 29th 07, 03:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Frank from Deeetroit

[...]

2 crashed Mustangs, 1 died, 1 injured, and you dare say today was FANTASTIC?

You are a ****wit.

Old July 29th 07, 03:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luc

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 22:34:05 -0400, "Frank from Deeetroit"
wrote:

"Just Plane Noise" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

The crash was yesterday Frank, and like it or not the show went on!
We're all sorry about the crash, but that's no excuse for being an
Ass!
Old July 29th 07, 04:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

The crash was yesterday. Perhaps you would like to tell the pilots
who took part in today's show that their performances weren't worth
dog****. That certainly would honor the dead, now wouldn't it!
Old July 29th 07, 07:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

Default Venting again... but at least I included an image.

Very well spoken Terry, almost bordering eloquent.
The arrogant command of the Pro yEnc crowd is; to hell with everyone else
there is this or that free converter on the web, why can't you just upgrade?
One person remarked that for us in the anti yEnc camp it is like a religion.
To which I almost fell out of my chair laughing at when I read, given the
almighty command; CONVERT. Well what about the fellow who wanders into the
group for the first time, he has never been to a binary newsgroup before?
Then all of a sudden he is hit by yEnc? He asks about it and is told he
must upgrade or else! What about the person who for their own reasons can't
afford or doesn't want to buy a newer computer? Or as has happened on
several occasions the person either gets frustrated by the software and just
gives up? What about the person such as myself who just doesn't see the
need for it?

This newsgroup has always been aimed at amateurs, it was shaped and geared
towards maintaining the maximum amount of ease when accessing it. As in
keep it as simple as possible so the most number of people can see the
images.

True many of the anti-yEnc supporters have been very rude, and I myself must
confess to committing this sin myself a few times, however I have also
extended olive branches on several occasions to the pro yEnc crowd. But
instead in their arrogance the yEnc supporters have prattled on about how
great it is, all the while not hearing the messages from the non yEnc
supporters. Hell I think the very ARGUMENT ITSELF has driven many visitors
away. To be fair there have been several pro yEnc supporters who have also
left the group because of the excessive flaming they have received from the
anti yEnc crowd.

As for the remarks by Just Plane Noise and Clarebare about how great his
yEnc is? Quite simply I don't really care.... If you lads think you are
great photographers and want to impress everyone then post it in a NON yEnc
format. That way you can either receive the accolades, or the criticisms.
If you want to play with yEnc... Hey go for it and I honestly hope you have
a great time with it, because I don't think that many people care anymore.

As for pics of Oshkosh, there are numerous free sites and blogs out there
with almost daily uploads, many by professional photographers. I was at
Oshkosh was there about 3 years ago and I had a hell of a good time and I
honestly hope Plane Noise and whomever is with him enjoys himself; it is an
amazing event to see. When I was there I am rather sorry I didn't take one
of the helicopter flights from over near the museum or take a flight on the
Trimotor. Too missed unique photo ops that I have often regretted... Next
year I am in fact thinking about driving out to Oshkosh again, but alas I
have a feeling I may end up manning a booth of my own at a Law Enforcement
Convention for my leave allotment. Not as much fun but certainly a hell of
a lot more money.

Oh and for the record I will confess a little secret from the stone age
here...
I have been yEnc capable for several years now and I just don't like it or
see the need for it! And for those who have accused me (and others) of
acting like cavemen, because I like OE and dislike yEnc; I have multiple
computers on a network, have produced numerous photo presentations for
clients in several different formats, and I routinely process and print
anywhere from 2 or 3 images, to several thousand images for my photographic
clients. As for gear I also work in sales at a professional camera store,
and have access to some equipment that many shooters could only dream of
seeing let alone using. For a news server I use Giganews, and I also have
a HS internet connection. True my website is a joke, but the site is almost
like a mild hobby these days. But there again I am not supposed to be able
to have all these things, after all I live in a cave...

And yes I am too am stirring up the pot with my venting.

Andrew

PS. Just to keep things in subject at least in so far as the title of the
newsgroup is concerned. The attached image is from a practise shoot at
Dulles Airport several months ago..

"Terry M" wrote in message
m...
Oh and you think your comments are not rude as well??? Anti yenc are
cultists???? You are the one who sounds like you need to kewl it. I can
read yenc just fine if I care to but your type of comments just add
gasoline
to the fire. Your user name of "Just Plain (sic) Noise" is appropriate.
won't even post in this group anymore because of people like you. A
friend
of mine asked for a little help in here and was treated like crap. I
thought we all had a common interest in aviation but apparently the main
interest of some people is to stir the pot, so to speak. Now that I've
stirred the pot a bit also, I'll STFU.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kal-747-DULLES-01--SMC.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	15150
Old July 29th 07, 03:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 02:31:42 -0400, "Andrew-S"
I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com wrote:

Well what about the fellow who wanders into the
group for the first time, he has never been to a binary newsgroup before?
Then all of a sudden he is hit by yEnc? He asks about it and is told he
must upgrade or else! What about the person who for their own reasons can't
afford or doesn't want to buy a newer computer?

HUH? A newer computer? yEnc doesn't require any hardware upgrade
whatsoever.

What about the person such as myself who just doesn't see the
need for it?

Don't use it then.

This newsgroup has always been aimed at amateurs, it was shaped and geared
towards maintaining the maximum amount of ease when accessing it. As in
keep it as simple as possible so the most number of people can see the
images.

There is nothing harder more complex about yEnc. You just install the
software that deals with it (for me it was Forte's Agent newsreader),
and that's that--set it and forget it. I wasn't even aware I was
becoming yEnc -enabled when I was becoming yEnc-enabled. Since this
issue causes such a stir, I checked to see how easy the free stuff
available to handle yEnc was. Frankly, if you can't install stuff
that simple, it's a wonder you ever installed a newsreader in the
first place.

As for the remarks by Just Plane Noise and Clarebare about how great his
yEnc is?

Don't put words in my mouth. All I've ever said was that yEnc posting
is convenient for me and makes posts smaller. Pizza and beer are
great. yEnc is just OK.

Quite simply I don't really care.... If you lads think you are
great photographers and want to impress everyone then post it in a NON yEnc
format. That way you can either receive the accolades, or the criticisms.

I don't think I am a great photographer, I don't want to impress
everyone, I appreciate accolades and constructive criticisms (I've
pointed out how important John Meyer's were to me since they were
actually about photo quality) but if I get neither that's OK too. My
pix are there if anybody wants 'em. If they're good, they're good; if
they're bad, they're bad.

However, I sam MUCH more concerned about posting poor images. Last
night I spent two hours learning to use one of Paint Shop Pro's tools
(Chromatic Abberation fix) to get rid of it on two of my Raptor pix.
It is tedious as hell, but far better than the quickfix tool in PSP.
Tell me how my images can be improved (not their encoding), and I'm
all ears. I'm effectively deaf to anytthing else.

As for pics of Oshkosh, there are numerous free sites and blogs out there
with almost daily uploads, many by professional photographers. I was at
Oshkosh was there about 3 years ago and I had a hell of a good time and I
honestly hope Plane Noise and whomever is with him enjoys himself; it is an
amazing event to see.

I've gone to about 23 AirVentures since I am a resident of the area,
and I would be happy to share tips about "doing" the convention as
well as the area. I also once had the same flightline access as EAA
Video, which is as close as you get to "unrestricted", but after a
falling out with EAA, I no longer pay to go on the grounds themselves
(I'm not persona non grata or anything like that--I just won't give
EAA another dime of my money). I still have a little insider
knowledge, though, and my main (and still friendly) contact at EAA,
former Warbirds Director Peter Moll, is now the Wittman Airport
executive.

I can also tell you where the best restaurants are, etc. (sadly, they
are mostly in Appleton--I even take new prospective professional
employees to Appleton to avoid showing them Oshkosh's embarrassing
"downtown"--it isn't dangerous or ugly, just dead, dead, dead).
Old July 29th 07, 06:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luc

[...]

"Terry M" wrote in message
om...
Oh and you think your comments are not rude as well??? Anti yenc are
cultists???? You are the one who sounds like you need to kewl it. I can
read yenc just fine if I care to but your type of comments just add
gasoline
to the fire. Your user name of "Just Plain (sic) Noise" is appropriate.
won't even post in this group anymore because of people like you. A
friend
of mine asked for a little help in here and was treated like crap. I
thought we all had a common interest in aviation but apparently the main
interest of some people is to stir the pot, so to speak. Now that I've
stirred the pot a bit also, I'll STFU.

Here we go again LOL
Old July 29th 07, 07:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Just Plane Noise wrote:

I'm all ears.

Actually I would think by now that many in this group would
agree that you are all mouth.

I'm effectively deaf to anything else.

You have shown that side of your personality ad naseum.
Old July 29th 07, 08:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Frank from Deeetroit

wrote:

"Just Plane Noise" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Oooooops, my mistake on the dates. Am sure the show on the day after the
crash was fantastic and a tribute to the lost pilots.