Train Wreck

Old November 9th 17, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Train Wreck

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:19:30 AM UTC-5, wrote:
There are some serious mental issues on display here.

Yeah and everyone who posts in this thread, no matter the content is afflicted.
Old November 9th 17, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

There are some serious mental issues on display here.

Yeah and everyone who posts in this thread, no matter the content is afflicted.

To the extent that none of us is perfect, I suppose you are correct. Otherwise, I disagree. Many good points have been made here...on all sides. The content of the discussion has often been informative and healthy. It's the WAY the discussion has been conducted that is so objectionable. That's the appeal--and the horror--of these faceless, asynchronous, Internet exchanges.

Am I looking for the silver lining in a really big, black, unpleasant storm cloud? Perhaps. But I think out of this will come some good, albeit at a high price.

Chip Bearden
Old November 9th 17, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Branko Stojkovic

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 5:34:07 AM UTC-8, wrote:
There are some serious mental issues on display here.

Yeah and everyone who posts in this thread, no matter the content is afflicted.

To the extent that none of us is perfect, I suppose you are correct. Otherwise, I disagree. Many good points have been made here...on all sides. The content of the discussion has often been informative and healthy. It's the WAY the discussion has been conducted that is so objectionable. That's the appeal--and the horror--of these faceless, asynchronous, Internet exchanges.

Am I looking for the silver lining in a really big, black, unpleasant storm cloud? Perhaps. But I think out of this will come some good, albeit at a high price.

Chip Bearden

Chip,

I just came across this discussion thread and, after skimming through, I can say that I totally agree with your post. Bravo!

I only wish that more people like you would post here, people who can separate valid points from emotional vomit and mean spirited personal attacks.

Best,
Branko Stojkovic
XYU
Old November 9th 17, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 7:07:40 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:19:30 AM UTC-5, wrote:
There are some serious mental issues on display here.

Yeah and everyone who posts in this thread, no matter the content is afflicted.

you do realize the irony in what you wrote, i hope
Old November 9th 17, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Lol. Who is whining now? This thread is such dramatic BS. I was able to tell everyone what was said before I even looked two days ago. This is all very, very simple...

— voters lied to help their buddy —
— a narrative (false) was formed —
— the process was gamed and manipulated to a choice a desired outcome —

The “storm” was created when the SSA good old boys got together and used their latests failure (totally UNtransparent team selection process) to obviously game the us team selection.

Lying 🤥 is unacceptable (in any situation). Lying (thru silence or words) is shameful. And these people have clearly used the selection process opportunity to lie. It’s that simple.

These data are available (within seconds) to all of us. Why the secret? It should be carefully/immediately looked into by comparing objective facts with the responses and votes. Not at the Reno BOD meeting but today. Are those responses sensible or factual or simply sour grapes. Do the responses make sense? Was the team committee doing their job in policing out non-sensible input and votes? Why not?

Not lying? THEN SHOW US ALL THE VOTES AND COMMENTS Pete “the GOB hand puppet” and team selection committee.

Voters, don’t wait for Pete, tell us how and why you voted (cross checked with the actual poll response when we wrestle them loose). What are you afraid of? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? RE-WRITING THE RESPONSES PERHAPS? Circling the wagons? #morelies?

A transparent US Team selection process? Honesty? ROTFL.

(SSA Good Old Boy) “Elite” pilots of the highest moral character who “carefully and thoughtfully crafted their responses?” You should be proud of these responses, right? Then why not share them ALL publicly and immediately (weeks ago). And if I’m wrong, why not share it now?

#takingthe5th

Sean Murphy has already (stupidly) proven the votes where deeply personally biased. One) by stating his deceitful and false justification and Two) by stating he knows the narrative formed by many voters... “we decided you are not fast without markers.”

This current US Team is, CLEARLY, at least partially, Illegitimate. ILLEGITIMATE.

Team Slots were STOLEN (as Gina and others have pointed out). Is Gina wrong? Prove it.

Gina is spot on. This theft is factual and obvious to anyone outside the good old boy circle.

The truly disgraceful act here is allowing this STOLEN selection to stand. The same thing happened to Dave Leonard as happened to me. This FRAUD has to be ended NOW, permanently because the good old boys have proven now TWICE (and countless other times elsewhere) that they cannot be trusted to be objective and fair in such matters.

Many are truly ashamed of their actions here in this process. A total shame. Disgusting.

https://youtu.be/sgYH64y8DgU

Old November 9th 17, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 3:19:36 PM UTC-7, wrote:

So, I would appreciate it if you refrained from further ill-advised and erroneous public "guesses" regarding 7T's behavior as a USA Team member, ........
Gina

Gina,
7T's behavior at Benalla is not what is in question here. I am sure you realize this but you have decided, For whatever reason, to blur an important distinction. From what I am able to gather from the SSA website is that 7T was in fact offered a spot on the US team but declined. 7T's FB and personal web page do not make mention of this (Granted, I didn't dig too deep on either page). So which is it? Good ol boyz and cronyism or did the selection committee see the potential in his flying and offer a spot on the team.
Granted, I am not a fan of the hair pulling that goes on here (RAS), But one good thing that can come out of this thread is a discussion of the US Team decision to move off of a merit based system and the logic behind the current team member selections.
Old November 9th 17, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 8:14:03 AM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:
[...]

Sean, the original topic of this thread wasn't if you should be picked for the 18 meter team or not, but rather, if your social media presence has any effect on those team selections. Can anyone trust you to fly cooperatively in an international team competition? How can they possibly trust you to use team strategy and tactics? I would personally make the reasonable assumption based on your facebook, website, and youtube accounts that the instant you find it in your personal best interest you would fly to the detriment of the team. Would you like to address those issues? The selection process issue is going on in a different thread. I see you have not posted there, nor to you let anyone post anything to your social media accounts. The authoritarian divide and conquer game you are playing is obvious, right down to the petty names you give to all of the pilots you don't like. How did you come up with all of it, gee hard to imagine. Would you fly with you? Nope. I wouldn't either and I'd do everything in my power to keep you off the team. Others, likely few, justifiably feel differently. What say you about your personal website?

https://seanfidler.com/

https://www.facebook.com/SeanTiff7T/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2N...qpRuwIHczpkR7A

Old November 9th 17, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 4:07:40 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:19:30 AM UTC-5, wrote:
There are some serious mental issues on display here.

Yeah and everyone who posts in this thread, no matter the content is afflicted.

I am personally saving all of this for inspiration to develop a daytime TV drama entitled, "Days That We Fly": Will 7T throw enough abrasive temper tantrums to finally get the 18m selection he believes he deserves and so desperately craves? Will XC and UH live up to their reputation for back room dealing and freeze him out? Will peacemakers reconcile them and they will share a room at WGC leading to victory? Will the SSA rank and file reach a level of disgust and ban them all? Tune in tomorrow to "Days That We Fly" and watch the stunning developments and cliff hangers....

Old November 9th 17, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 1:11:34 PM UTC-5, jfitch wrote:
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 4:07:40 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:19:30 AM UTC-5, wrote:
There are some serious mental issues on display here.

Yeah and everyone who posts in this thread, no matter the content is afflicted.

I am personally saving all of this for inspiration to develop a daytime TV drama entitled, "Days That We Fly": Will 7T throw enough abrasive temper tantrums to finally get the 18m selection he believes he deserves and so desperately craves? Will XC and UH live up to their reputation for back room dealing and freeze him out? Will peacemakers reconcile them and they will share a room at WGC leading to victory? Will the SSA rank and file reach a level of disgust and ban them all? Tune in tomorrow to "Days That We Fly" and watch the stunning developments and cliff hangers....

I think I just got slammed, but not sure why. Could the writer provide some evidence that UH was involved in back room dealing? Or is this just a ploy to inflame the thread?
UH