35 Airports In One Day Web Site

Old December 1st 03, 02:43 AM
Paul Magid

Default 35 Airports In One Day Web Site

A couple of years back a pair of brothers (?) rented a Piper Arrow and flew
it to 35 airports in the San Francisco Bay Area starting at Reid Hillview
and ending up back there. One of them did a web site describing this
exploit. For the life of me, I can not find the web site. I really liked
that web site and would like to track it down. The address I have for the
site is: http://www.best.com/~rgr/35Airports/

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Old December 1st 03, 02:57 AM
Brad Z

Try archive.org:

http://web.archive.org/web/200106101...gr/35Airports/

hlink.net...

Old December 1st 03, 09:52 PM
Scott Rohlfing

This rec.aviation newsgroup thread woke us from our sleep and the "35
Airports In One Day" website has been resurrected for your reading pleasure.
(thanks Rick)

It can now be found at www.karicori.com/35airports

There are two follow-ups to the story. When my brother Rick and I took this
trip, he did the flying, and I took the photos. Since then, Rick has
wrestled the camera from my clutches and become a professional photographer.
I in turn have taken the flight controls from him and become a commercial
pilot and certified flight instructor.

Also, last year I flew my Bonanza V35 from San Jose to Charleston, SC and
back again for the ultimate cross country flight! I am in the process of
posting my email/journals and photos of the trip to a website.

Enjoy the "35 Airports" website and if you're in need of a CFI with a little
bit of cross-country experience, give me a ring.

Scott Rohlfing
Certified Flight Instructor
Advanced Ground Instructor
Commercial Pilot

email:

On 11/30/03 6:43 PM, in article
.net, "Paul Magid"

Old December 2nd 03, 01:40 AM
Ross Oliver

Scott Rohlfing wrote:
Also, last year I flew my Bonanza V35 from San Jose to Charleston, SC and
back again for the ultimate cross country flight! I am in the process of
posting my email/journals and photos of the trip to a website.

So did you stop at Charleston, or did you go all the way to the coast
so you can rightfully claim a "coast-to-coast" trip?

Old December 2nd 03, 05:40 PM
Scott Rohlfing

Pacific waters to Atlantic waters. I'll let you know when the "trip report"
is online.

I actually stayed over at East Cooper (8S5) outside of Charleston.

Old December 2nd 03, 10:14 PM
TTA Cherokee Driver

Paul Magid wrote:

A couple of years back a pair of brothers (?) rented a Piper Arrow and flew
it to 35 airports in the San Francisco Bay Area starting at Reid Hillview
and ending up back there. One of them did a web site describing this
exploit. For the life of me, I can not find the web site. I really liked
that web site and would like to track it down. The address I have for the
site is: http://www.best.com/~rgr/35Airports/

Any info greatly appreciated.

Coincidently, the current issue of Private Pilot magazine has an article
by a guy who did 21 airports in 1 day, including LAX. I thought that
was pretty impressive, but 35? wow.

Old December 3rd 03, 12:24 AM
Andrew Sarangan

I am not sure if I am all that impressed. May be airports are more
sparsely spaced in San Fancisco, but here (in Dayton) we have 25
public airports within a 30 mile radius. If I include private
airports, that number becomes 75. It can't be that difficult to hit a
dozen airports every hour.

Old December 3rd 03, 01:20 PM
Kyler Laird

Bob Fry writes:

I am. 12 airports in an hour? That would be 5 minutes/airport. It
takes 5 minutes, at least, just to travel around a normal pattern in
an average GA plane.

Gads! So they used non-"normal" patterns?! Good thing they weren't
trying that in Iowa.

--kyler