IPC in a Simulator? Phoenix area..

Old August 22nd 03, 06:33 AM
Anonymous

Default IPC in a Simulator? Phoenix area..

I am looking for a flight school in the Phoenix area that can give me
an IPC (or let me log approaches for currency) in a simulator. Sim
time just seems so much more efficient than taking the real thing out
in CAVU and putting a hood on... Does anyone know of such a place?
Please post your response, as the e-mail address is bogus.

Thanks,
Dan
Old August 22nd 03, 08:44 AM
Tom S.

"Anonymous" wrote in message
m...
I am looking for a flight school in the Phoenix area that can give me
an IPC (or let me log approaches for currency) in a simulator. Sim
time just seems so much more efficient than taking the real thing out
in CAVU and putting a hood on... Does anyone know of such a place?
Please post your response, as the e-mail address is bogus.

Thanks,
Dan

Westwind up at Deer Valley http://www.iflywestwind.com is the only one
(trustworthy...that I know of) that has sims.

Stay away from Sawyer, though.

Old August 25th 03, 12:37 AM
Phoenix Pilot

Stay away from Sawyer, though.

I've been tossing around the idea of doing some training over at
Sawyer, is there something I should know about them??
Old August 25th 03, 03:58 AM
Tom S.

"Phoenix Pilot" wrote in message
m...
Stay away from Sawyer, though.

I've been tossing around the idea of doing some training over at
Sawyer, is there something I should know about them??

According to an instructor who just quit there and took a lesser paying job
elsewhere in town, "Their maintenance is unconscionable".

Old August 25th 03, 04:23 PM
Phoenix Pilot

Thanks Tom for that information. I'm defintely not looking for a place
that doesn't value good maintenance!
Old August 28th 03, 11:31 PM
Rob

I am looking for a flight school in the Phoenix area that can give me
an IPC (or let me log approaches for currency) in a simulator.

Southwest Flight Center at SDL has an AST 300 Flight Training Device
available at $40/hr. Check out:

http://www.southwestflightcenter.com

under "Aircraft Rental"

Regards,