wrylypost aka Joseph Anthony passed away

Old February 17th 07, 02:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default wrylypost aka Joseph Anthony passed away

Ever as a long-time lurker I seem to have attracted some attention in this
newsgroup. Apparently wrylypost had "book-marked' me - I did get the
occasional e-mail from him if I said something he liked -- so his son
e-mailed me this week to say that his father, "wrylypost aka Joseph
Anthony," had passed away.

The late gentleman surely had the most clever handle ever for an aviation
newsgroup, and he did seem to know his airplanes too. I for one will miss
his presence here.

Brian O'Neill
Old February 17th 07, 02:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray O'Hara

wrote in message
g.com...
Ever as a long-time lurker I seem to have attracted some attention in this
newsgroup. Apparently wrylypost had "book-marked' me - I did get the
occasional e-mail from him if I said something he liked -- so his son
e-mailed me this week to say that his father, "wrylypost aka Joseph
Anthony," had passed away.

The late gentleman surely had the most clever handle ever for an aviation
newsgroup, and he did seem to know his airplanes too. I for one will

miss
his presence here.

Brian O'Neill

that's too bad. he was a good poster. thanks for the heads up

Old February 17th 07, 02:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

wrote in message
g.com...
Ever as a long-time lurker I seem to have attracted some attention in this
newsgroup. Apparently wrylypost had "book-marked' me - I did get the
occasional e-mail from him if I said something he liked -- so his son
e-mailed me this week to say that his father, "wrylypost aka Joseph
Anthony," had passed away.

The late gentleman surely had the most clever handle ever for an aviation
newsgroup, and he did seem to know his airplanes too. I for one will
miss
his presence here.

Brian O'Neill

We're all al little poorer today.

My condolencies to his family.

--

Regards

Dave Kearton

Old February 17th 07, 03:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Words on side of the fuselage says "F.C.Hall Oklahoma City Okla." Hall was
the purchaser of this aircraft. Wiley Post was his personal pilot.

05/22/2005. Remarks by Pat Loop: "The 'Winnie May' made the first flight
around the world in 8 days, 16 hours, piloted by Wiley Post with Harold
Gatty as navigator, in June 1931. Wiley Post also made the first solo flight
around the world in this aircraft, in 7 days, 19 hours, in July 1933."

His "moniker" reminded me of an aviation pioneer.

---
Chappie
"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
wrote in message
g.com...
Ever as a long-time lurker I seem to have attracted some attention in
this
newsgroup. Apparently wrylypost had "book-marked' me - I did get the
occasional e-mail from him if I said something he liked -- so his son
e-mailed me this week to say that his father, "wrylypost aka Joseph
Anthony," had passed away.

The late gentleman surely had the most clever handle ever for an aviation
newsgroup, and he did seem to know his airplanes too. I for one will
miss
his presence here.

Brian O'Neill

We're all al little poorer today.

My condolencies to his family.

--

Regards

Dave Kearton

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4205L-2.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	7046
Old February 17th 07, 04:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

wrote in message
g.com...
Ever as a long-time lurker I seem to have attracted some attention in this
newsgroup. Apparently wrylypost had "book-marked' me - I did get the
occasional e-mail from him if I said something he liked -- so his son
e-mailed me this week to say that his father, "wrylypost aka Joseph
Anthony," had passed away.

The late gentleman surely had the most clever handle ever for an aviation
newsgroup, and he did seem to know his airplanes too. I for one will

miss
his presence here.

Brian O'Neill

Please pass along my sincerest condolences.
Wrylypost will be missed.

Luke

Old February 17th 07, 10:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TACAN[_2_]

We all wish him a safe flight home.

Graham.

Old February 17th 07, 01:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hector Heathcoat

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth.
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings,
Sunward I've climbed and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up the long delirious, burning blue
I've topped the wind swept heights with easy grace,
Where never lark, or even eagle, flew;
And, while with silent, lifting mind i've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

-John Gillespie Magee Jr.

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
g.com...

Old February 17th 07, 06:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron

wrote in message
g.com...
Ever as a long-time lurker I seem to have attracted some attention in this
newsgroup. Apparently wrylypost had "book-marked' me - I did get the
occasional e-mail from him if I said something he liked -- so his son
e-mailed me this week to say that his father, "wrylypost aka Joseph
Anthony," had passed away.

The late gentleman surely had the most clever handle ever for an aviation
newsgroup, and he did seem to know his airplanes too. I for one will
miss
his presence here.

May he rest in peace.

Ron