Death at Oshkosh, sad to report

Old July 28th 07, 04:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default Death at Oshkosh, sad to report

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:55:35 +1000, "russell" wrote:

I thanked you for the picture you posted for me. I'll even thank you again.
BUT that doesn't change the fact that a lot of us can't see the pictures you
and some others are flooding this NG with yEnc posts. You aren't necessarily
doing anyone one any favours buy posting so much at a time that half of
yours don't get through and other good stuff is dropped of to make room for
you gibberish..

Because the ISPs or whoever host this NG don't seem to allot much space to
this NG, one would think that just maybe, the smarter posters would limit
their postings so that everyone else's posted pictures stay up a little
longer so everyone gets a chance to see them. Posting eYnc seems to be a
licence to flood the place with junk..
If people had to resize , name and send pictures individually, I'm sure they
would be a lot more selective.

Oh, I'm quite selective--only posting about a tenth of what I shoot at
EAA. And it appears you haven't noticed just how small my files
are--that's the power of yEnc. Go ahead--get all the files for the
last 6 months or so. My files are typically under 2000 in size (quite
a few are even under 1000), despite being 1280X1024 images (bigger in
dimensions than most files posted here). 2000 puts them below about
80-85% of the files posted here. So mine are bigger but smaller than
most. What more could you want?

yEnc appears to be a SOLUTION to the problem you mention, not a cause.
(Notice I said "a" solution, not "the" solution).

Alas, I'm beginning to realize just what kind of mentality I'm up
against here. And since I promised to stay out of the yEnc thing
(screen goes blank)

Old July 29th 07, 04:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luc

[...]

.. .
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 19:22:06 +1000, "russell" wrote:

My thoughts too. But as he's a self confessed computer freak, he can't.

I never said any such thing. And I made a point of posting a UU
encoded version of the Corsair picture for you. My, aren't you a nice
person!

"Bernd Rosemeier" wrote in message

"Just Plane Noise" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Anyway, yEnc'ed pictures to follow.

It would be nice to send normal pictures so evereyone can see them.

Thanks

Bernd
Germany

My thoughts too. But as he's a self confessed computer freak, he can't.

Russell, I've got a used Abacus for sale if your interested!

Death Valley gt Piloting 8 October 18th 06 08:35 AM
Death? Ol Shy & Bashful Rotorcraft 10 July 9th 06 12:31 AM
The death of the A-65? Michael Horowitz Home Built 35 November 23rd 05 12:08 AM
death of GA in NY [email protected] Piloting 51 September 16th 05 11:36 PM